🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Asking previous client to hire a friend in Up...
Page options
pjsalita
Community Member

Asking previous client to hire a friend in Upwork?

Hello, I previously got a client for a fixed price job. Then lately he offered me another fixed price job. But since I already have a full-time job and don't want to accept anymore new jobs, so I tried to refer him to the Upwork profile of my friend and try to discuss him the offer instead. After sending the message, I lately realized that I might violated Upwork's ToS. So I did a little research and I found out that it is a violation to refer a profile for HOURLY JOBS.

This is also one of the articles I read and I think I did not violate any of those listed here. But I'm still scared that my account might get suspended so I am posting here to ask further. Is it a violation to refer a client to a friend's profile for a fixed price job? If it is, I am sorry because I am not aware and I will not do it again. I don't want my account to get suspended. Thank you guys!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067618-Freelancer-Violations-and-Account-Holds?flash...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

I think what you're referring to is subcontracting, where the client hires you and you hire someone else to do the work. That's what's not allowed for hourly contracts, as I understand it.

Referring a client to another freelancer shouldn't be an issue as long as you're not in the payment flow and the contract happens on Upwork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wescowley
Community Member

I think what you're referring to is subcontracting, where the client hires you and you hire someone else to do the work. That's what's not allowed for hourly contracts, as I understand it.

Referring a client to another freelancer shouldn't be an issue as long as you're not in the payment flow and the contract happens on Upwork.

I see, thank you. I'm out of their payment flow. It's I just gave my friend a job/client since I cannot handle any more jobs as of the moment. So I guess my account is safe then? Thank you! Kudos to you sir.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members