🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Asking questions at the time of applicati...
Page options
ppfer78
Community Member

Asking questions at the time of application

I am new to Upwork. I have completed a job in the past, but have not used the platform since. Recently, there are several offers that might interest me. However, clients are often not very clear in their job postings. What should I do? Do I apply for the job by introducing myself to the client and wait for an answer before asking questions? Or Is it appropriate to ask questions at the time I apply? Also, when the posting is not clear, is it better to keep my rate a little higher to prevent underbidding, if the job is actually more complex that it looks in the posting?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilsim
Community Member

Pierpaolo F wrote:

Or Is it appropriate to ask questions at the time I apply?

Yes. it's appropiate and encouraged. How else will you learn what the job is all about?

Also, when the posting is not clear, is it better to keep my rate a little higher to prevent underbidding, if the job is actually more complex that it looks in the posting?

You can just tell them you don't have sufficient details to provide the final bid and your bid is just a placeholder. Then ask for details and explain why they are important for the biding amount. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bilsim
Community Member

Pierpaolo F wrote:

Or Is it appropriate to ask questions at the time I apply?

Yes. it's appropiate and encouraged. How else will you learn what the job is all about?

Also, when the posting is not clear, is it better to keep my rate a little higher to prevent underbidding, if the job is actually more complex that it looks in the posting?

You can just tell them you don't have sufficient details to provide the final bid and your bid is just a placeholder. Then ask for details and explain why they are important for the biding amount. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths