cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assist me regarding removal feedback perk?

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
1 of 9

Hi mates,

My Job success score fell from 94-88 today. I was the top-rated badge. I have two options:

1. Keep the public feedback and any response you provided visible
2. Remove the star rating and comment from your Work History and replace it with “This feedback has been removed.”

I want to remove private feedback because I do not want to remove public feedback. 

Which is better for me?

Best Regards,

Abdul

shihab0915
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
2 of 9

If I were you, obviously I would use option-1 because “This feedback has been removed”  is more worst than a bad feedback. It proves that there were something dengerous and that is why freelancer have to remove it.

An odd feedback among 20/30 projects would be not so harmful. Mistakes are the part of life. And on the other hand, an odd feedback among many good feedback is irrelevant, that should be understood by the potential client or visitors.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 9

lol you can tell who wrote your overview for you. Her style sticks out like a sore thumb.

Interesting. I wonder how that will turn out. You can remove a bad review, which you've done before, but your profile is not representative of your writing. That's gonna piss off people.

eta: you already had it removed, so it's done already. Not sure what you're asking.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

@Jennifer M wrote:

lol you can tell who wrote your overview for you. Her style sticks out like a sore thumb.

It does doesn't it...

Removing the feedback was the wrong choice. It was actually politely nice feedback and the "has been removed" looks a lot worse. Client will be convinced it was 1 star wheen it wasn't bad at all (at least the public feedback wasn't, the private feedback clearly was.)

You will keep running into those problems as long as you claim skills you don't have. "Overpromise and underdeliver" is always a sure-fire way to upset clients, as is claiming "native" English skills when that is so blatantly untrue.

lysis10
Community Guru
5 of 9

Not surprised the real writer contributed to the lie.

The OP seems to be hanging on with a string to TR. I'd be pissed too if I hired him from his profile and I got the real writing. At least before the client got the real picture upfront.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 9

Jennifer, Petra: technically, a ghost-written overview doesn't violate ToS does it, unless the ghostwriter plagiarized it? But claiming Native or Bilingual english level is a different matter.

7 of 9

@John K wrote:

Jennifer, Petra: technically, a ghost-written overview doesn't violate ToS does it

No, it doesn't I suppose, it is just a really bad and clearly counterproductive idea. Personally I find it distasteful and deeply dishonest, but that's a different matter.

What matters (as far as the OP is concerned) is the fact that it actually hurts the freelancer by setting client expectations he can never in a month of Sundays meet.

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 9

@Jennifer M wrote:

Not surprised the real writer contributed to the lie.

The OP seems to be hanging on with a string to TR. I'd be pissed too if I hired him from his profile and I got the real writing. At least before the client got the real picture upfront.

Personally I think it's a truly terrible idea to have someone else do our overview, and doubly so for someone who is claiming to be a writer.

It is borderline fraudulent, as the overview is selling a product that doesn't exist, and simply sets the wrong expectations right from the start. No client who has any grasp on the English language will be happy with the end result when they expected the type of English the overview was written in.

So aside from the dishonesty aspect, it actually actively *causes* unhappy clients.

Really bad, bad idea.

lysis10
Community Guru
9 of 9
It's not against tos and upwork can't and won't do anything but at this point the profile is a fraud and I suspect the jss will continue to drop as more clints get pissed.

The real writer should tell us more about how ethical she is. lol
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS