cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching files to messages

Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
1 of 8

So today I went to send a file to my client via Upwork messaging, and it isn't working. Is anyone else having this issue?

I will click "Upload a file" and nothing happens.

Ace Contributor
Shannon P Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
2 of 8

I had the same issue earlier, I had to refresh the page a few times but it eventually worked. 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 8

Shannon, can't say I've experienced the problem, but you gave excellent advice. Maybe they should hire you for CS, because one of the first things CS suggests, when there's a problem with the site, is close the browser and empty the cache. Cat Wink

4 of 8

Yesterday the end of page seemed to disappear down on my screen so I could not see the buttons anymore - I had to switch to the old message system in order to submit the work. Reloading the page did not help, the page did not build up as it should.

Community Guru
5 of 8

I strongly suspect now that the new message system cannot upload attachments. 2 clients have tried to send attachments and failed. One client also complained that the return key causes the message to be sent and wanted to know how to insert blank lines so I know he has the new message system. I had no problem inserting blank lines or uploading attachments because I use the old message system.

Upwork should consider eating humble pie and make the old message system the default until it can fix important features like attachments.

6 of 8

How do I switch to the old message syster, the one I am using sucks.

Community Guru
7 of 8

@Dan S wrote:

How do I switch to the old message syster, the one I am using sucks.

I couldn't answer right away because site wouldn't allow me to sign in, but try this:

https://www.upwork.com/message-center/inbox/

8 of 8

Thanks, I am glad to know we can send attachments, at least with the old system.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS