cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment on proposal & FIle storage

Md Yahia K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
1 of 14

Hello,

I noticed that I can attached only one file on the proposal? Is there anything wrong on my end otherwise, Upwork should allow multiple file submissions as Attachment during proposal submission.

Is there no File storage system in place where we can save documents such as samples, reports and other important documents that we submit to client during proposal submission very often and as an employer provide guides to freelancers.

Best,

Yahia

Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 14

You could try zipping the files so you can then attach one zipped file.

Another option, if possible, store the files on a cloud storage, like Google Docs, with permissions that are set to "view only" and "only persons with the url may view" then send the link of those documents to the client within your proposal.

Aminur R Member Since: Jun 3, 2016
3 of 14

If upwork don't support zip file, what would be the link files and images?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 14

Hi Aminur, 

As of now you will be able to attach up to 10 files to your proposals. You can click to browse for files to upload or drag and drop directly into the upload zone on the page. Currently, you can only select or drag one file at a time to upload. We plan to add support to select multiple or drag and drop multiple files in the future.

-Avery
Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 14

Hi Md Yahia,

Currently it's possible to attach only one file in the proposal, but it's something we may revisit in the future. Meanwhile, please use zipped files or links as Dawn suggested if you need to send more.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Paul A Member Since: Nov 16, 2015
6 of 14

Hi Valeria,

Please can you revisit this ASAP - the current system of zipping is terrible - clients don't want it and neither do buyers.  I have just migrated from Elance.  The system there is much better where multiple documents can be attached to a bid.  This appears to be basic stuff.  Please can Upwork try and match the Elance system for symplicity of use in this regard.

Kind regards,

Paul

Jeff M Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
7 of 14

Using links isn't that much of a problem, but then we are bringing clients away from Upwork. Isn't this against the rules. I have all my samples hosted on my own website but would I be breaking Upwork policy by posting links to my website before I've been offered a job via the Upwork system?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 14

Hi Jeff,

You are not supposed to share such links on your profile. However, you can send a link to your website or portfolio in your proposal.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
9 of 14

@Md Yahia K wrote:

Hello,

I noticed that I can attached only one file on the proposal? Is there anything wrong on my end otherwise, Upwork should allow multiple file submissions as Attachment during proposal submission.

Is there no File storage system in place where we can save documents such as samples, reports and other important documents that we submit to client during proposal submission very often and as an employer provide guides to freelancers.

Best,

Yahia

Yahia,

You can put files into your portfolio.

Paul A Member Since: Nov 16, 2015
10 of 14

Yes, we can put files into our portfolio, but buyers do not like to be directed there.  They want specific and relevant examples to be attached to a bid.  The Elance system is simple, effective and much better than currently on Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS