Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment on proposal & FIle storage

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
11 of 14

@Paul A wrote:

Yes, we can put files into our portfolio, but buyers do not like to be directed there.  They want specific and relevant examples to be attached to a bid.  The Elance system is simple, effective and much better than currently on Upwork.

Paul,

True, the approach used by Elance was better. This then, for the time being, leaves you with zipped files or links to Dropbox or similar services like GETT. 

Tim H Member Since: Nov 10, 2015
12 of 14

I've also just come over from Elance and the file attachment system is awful. I have a project which is small and just needs a pdf and an image attached but turns out I have to flaff around with zipping them to do it and bidders have to flaff around with unzipping .....

Having to set an exact budget is another issue but probably for another thread....

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
13 of 14

@Tim H wrote:

I've also just come over from Elance and the file attachment system is awful. I have a project which is small and just needs a pdf and an image attached but turns out I have to flaff around with zipping them to do it and bidders have to flaff around with unzipping .....

Having to set an exact budget is another issue but probably for another thread....

So clients have the same problem as the freelancers. The freelancers can also only attach a single file with their bid. 

Vladimir K Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
14 of 14

Hello all! Is this issuue going to be resolved soon? I just discovered another unpleasant point - the attachment larger then 4 Mb (not 5!) and pdfs of any size are not attaching to your proposals (even though the warning sign appears, it sends, but when you check it in your submittions page - the attachment is absent). That's horrible! I imagine how much job opportunities I've missed.. I am a premium user and it is a matter of my money, not only time!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS