cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Job postings

Community Leader
Sebastian N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
1 of 3

Maybe I'm a bit biased but I certainly want to know the file extention / name / size of an attachment before downloading it.

When going through job postings, many jobs include an attachment and upwork just labels it as "Open Attachment".

Extentions I have seen so far: .zip, .docx, .txt, .pdf and images (which surprisingly are displayed in the browser instead of having to download them) - what other extentions can a client upload?

I think it would save quite some time if we could view most attachments in the browser. I don't really see the point of downloading .txt, .pdf, .docx files. One job claimed to be a small bug fix job, with an .zip file attached, which then had to be extracted and included dozens of files (literally the whole website of the client in a zip file).

As possible improvement I would like to see more information about the attached file(s) and at least for .txt files to view them online without downloading them.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 3

"(literally the whole website of the client in a zip file"

LOL guess the whole site has his database password now eh? 

Community Leader
Sebastian N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
3 of 3

Lol, that would have been even funnier. That zip was actually an obfuscated version of his website and he wanted someone to fix a few small bugs... Let's see, function a, function aa, function aaa.. err, no thanks LOL.

I didn't bother looking at the other files. Possibly a zip he got from a previous contractor and was looking for someone to fix the mess...

And just now again: "Please see file xyz.png attached" > Open Attachment > wordpress.zip lol..

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS