cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendance dates for Education on Profile

Mark E Member Since: Sep 16, 2019
21 of 28
Hi, completing my profile and it simply will not accept my Education history. Keeps saying:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

It wont allow me to move on or save what I have inputted so far?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 28

Hi Mark, 

Could you please trying clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? Let me know if it does and I'll assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Julie C Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
23 of 28

It's 8 months since Arnold's post, and Northwestern University STILL isn't in the Education menu. You can select Northwestern College, a tiny school in Iowa, but not one of the Big Ten schools?

Also, I'm not able to just enter Northwestern University into the field -- it's requiring me to select something from the menu. Please fix this!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 28

Hi Julie,

Our team is working on providing a permanent solution with having an updated list of all universities and colleges in the world. In the meantime, note that you can type Northwestern University in the field and are not required to select one of the options from the drop-down menu. Please go ahead with completing your profile and let us know if you have any feedback or questions.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
25 of 28
Interesting point about the required attendance dates for the education section and how it enables age discrimination. The same reasoning applies to the mandatory profile pic, which also facilitates gender and racial discrimination. But making these things optional won’t deter determined bigots, who could simply dismiss any applicants who omitted dates or photo, or insist on a Skype interview prior to hiring.
26 of 28

Hi.  I'm trying to put my educational institution into Upwork as well and those institutions, which are popular institutions, are not in the dropdown.  Why wouldn't Upwork just make it a free form field?  Thanks.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
27 of 28

Thank you for your feedback Andrew, I will share it with our product managers.

In the mean time you can add your university name in one of the optional fields and it will be listed in under your Education section. 

Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 28

Hi All!

I'm happy to inform you all that Dates Attended are now an Optional field in the Education information. You won't be required to add that information when adding education information to your profile and can edit your existing education information to remove the dates. We appreciate everybody's feedback and participation.

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS