Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: We have a Webinar!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
1 of 11

Hello everyone, I saw this at the announcement section but I'm not sure if y'all heard of it since that part of the forum doesn't get much clicks.

Garnor posted on Dec. 4: "Hi all, As mentioned, we've been tracking your feedback and including this in our plans for future improvements to the Community. I'm hosting a webinar next week to dive into this a bit deeper. I'll give you a sense of what areas we've identified for improvement and get your thoughts on how this meshes with your experience and pain points so far.

You can register for one of the two sessions here:

Session 1: Dec. 9, 10-11am (Pacific) - Register here

Session 2: Dec. 9, 2pm-3pm (Pacific) - Register here

I look forward to talking with you more then."

Anyone attending? It would be great if interested folks post here. The original post is somewhere here.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sk Arif H Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hello Dianne,

Thanks for taking time to create this thread that would let other people know about the upcoming webinar so that a good number of people share their concerns regarding the new community platform of oDesk. Although I think the link you have posted for Garnor's webinar statement has moved to page number 3.

Thanks and have a great weekend Smiley Happy

With Best Regards,

Arif

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 11

No biggie Arif!

I wish I could attend but the webinars are scheduled a wee too early and announced a bit late Smiley Sad

I hope the things we discussed here in the forums are discussed on the webinar and addressed soon after that. Frankly, there is more than enough materials from forum posts alone for them to improve on.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 11

Enjoy everyone! I have to go to the airport for my flight so can't join Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 11

Unfortunately both times he has scheduled I am working Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 11

Same here Suzanne,

In my current time zones, the webinars are scheduled in the wee hours of the morning and early morning (2-3am and 6-7am). As I have to give a lecture in front of my colleagues and students the same day, I can't attend the webinars Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
BEST ANSWER
7 of 11

I won't take part since the installation of a third-party software is needed.

Here the points I wanted to point out:

1. "You have a number of jobs which finished without a client ever leaving feedback." --> Why do contractors get punished for clients failing at their duties? It is not the contractor's job to hunt the client and to push him to leave feedback. Make it an obligation for clients to leave feedback once jobs are getting terminated et voila your solution.
  2. Please allow specific characters in the cover letter. Whenever I write "André" (my name which includes an accented e), it gets displayed as Andre?§% or something like that. Not nice.
  3. Why have hours displayed in quick view of profiles, but not the number of jobs? When a client hovers over applicants, he sees a quick view of their profiles. This includes the name, the titel, the first lines of the cover letter, the rating and the worked hours. Why not the total number of jobs in quick view? Specific freelancer groups barely work on hourly projects, but on fixed price jobs. Translators do work on a per word basis.
  4. More incentives: E-mails for 500h reached etc. Maybe specific bades/medals which show specific achievements ("worked on more than 100 jobs", "5 jobs with more than 1000$ each", "5000$ in 1 month medal", etc.. More incentives mean more motivation and thus more profit for you, too!
  5. Less automatisms! Clients do know what they want and don't need to be infantilized. Let them see all applicants and let them pick the best alone. If you really want to keep this "feature of hiding applicants", do it for jobs with more than 30 applicants, and not generally!

Thank you,

André

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Joel B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
8 of 11

Hello, 

Please kindly furnish me on details of any forthcoming webinar session for freelancers. 

I will be most delighted to be in that session.

I look forward to your kind response.

Warm regards,

Joel Bitrus.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Joel,

Your are welcome to register and attend the upcoming webinars on the following dates:

Mar. 05, 2015 at 11am (Pacific Standard Time)

Mar. 12, 2015 at 11am (Pacific Standard Time)

Here are the details.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
shane marie c Member Since: Jun 29, 2015
10 of 11

hi everyone!

Is there as schedule of webinar on weekends or at night on weekdays ?

Unfortunately, I have classes  in the morning and afternoon so i won't be able to attend one.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS