🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Audio/Video Calls and Privacy
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Audio/Video Calls and Privacy

For clarification, are video/audio calls conducting through Upwork completely private?

By completely private, I mean entirely so.  No person or software or anything that does not include the freelancer and the client are ever able to review what was said.

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Mark, I can confirm that Voice/Video calls aren't recorded or monitored by Upwork. Only people who are added to the room can join a call initiated in that room.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mark, I can confirm that Voice/Video calls aren't recorded or monitored by Upwork. Only people who are added to the room can join a call initiated in that room.

Can you confirm that they aren't recorded or monitored by anyone else on behalf of Upwork? (Sorry to sound paranoid but your wording implies this is possible.)

Additionally, although this is currently the case, is it likely that calls will be recorded or monitored in the future? 

Hi Kim,

Only the people who joined the call can hear and participate in the call. The calls aren't recorded or monitored by Upwork or anybody on behalf of Upwork.

I'm not aware of any plans to start recording or monitoring calls.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members