🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Authentication problem - Lost my phone
Page options
mwangudza__
Community Member

Authentication problem - Lost my phone

Hey, just recently my phone got stollen and i have no access to my account settings as i can't receive a verification text. Is there a way i can solve the issue. I just need to change my phone number.

33 REPLIES 33
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have also similar problem with Stephen. I lost my phone around a month ago.There is no problem with Upwork login but I can't change account settings. I purchased new phone again and I need to change phone number to new one. Please help me. 

Hi Suneil,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
766bbf6f
Community Member

Me too. I lost my phone. I need to change my number in my account but I can't access it because of OTP

Hi Iam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you via a email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Similar problem with me, i lost my phone a lot days ago and i not have Text message verification . I cant setting my account, help me please, i have a new number.

Hi Martin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I lost my phone and I can't receive the message verification. I tried replacing my phone number previously with the help of one of your agents but right now when I logged in, it says that the verification is sent to my previous number again not the new number that I added. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi Joy,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Likewise, an email will be sent to the email address associated with your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a624a419
Community Member

Hi,
I also have the same issue.
I can no longer get the 6-digit authenticator codes.

Can you please help me fix it.

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello I have the same problem with my freelancer account please reach out to me.

Hi Diego,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
omtoki
Community Member

I have the same problem. What i need to do?

Hi Zaharov,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi I have lost my number and I have move aboroad.Now I cant login to my account without the sms verification.My account email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.Please help!

Hi Fazla,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Kindly close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tghazaryan
Community Member

Hey guys, have the same problem, had to change the number months ago and now unable to access settings page... 

Hi Tigran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with updating your phone number.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8fe4e98b
Community Member

Same problem for me, could someone help? Thank you!

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Timothy Bryan,

I've requested assistance from our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
haysum7
Community Member

I've a same problem, I factory reset my phone and can't open my settings, please help!

Hi Haysum,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
kidusmt
Community Member

I lost my authenticator app when I factory reset my phone now I don't have access to my settings page either. How can I get my upwork authenticator now? Please help.. can't even access my account settings because of it. Thank you.

Hi Kidus,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear sirs,

My phone had memory corruption and phone was technically wiped, so I don't have my Authentication application anymore.

How do I get back access to my SETTINGS?

Can you disable 2 step verification method so I can acccess it and set it again (I will use SMS confirmation this time - probably).

Thanks in advance.

Fedor Rakic.

Hi Fedor,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
73c55cf3
Community Member

Hi,

I no longer have access to my Google Authenticator app. Can I have some help, please?

Thank you.
Gerard

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gerard.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
swasay
Community Member

Hi,

I have a similar situation. My phone recently got stolen. Please help me set up 2fa on my new phone.

Thanks

Hi Sumaira,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths