cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto click software notification

Raman M Member Since: Nov 18, 2011
1 of 8
I have got a strange notification today . That a auto click software is detected on my account and not replying the mail will suspend my account . What should I do in this case . Can anyone help please .
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 8
If the email says you need to reply, then basically you need to reply. They will probably want to know why you have auto click software on your computer. Why would you have it other than to scam the system?
Nguyen Viet V Member Since: Apr 29, 2014
3 of 8
this is good question: why you have auto click software on your computer? I think they correct when notification to you.
Ace Contributor
David E Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
4 of 8
I had a freelancer who used some type of auto clicking software to boost up the activity level but it was so very obvious that it only clicked between tabs every so often. As a client I reported it and now that freelancer no longer is active after odesk did their investigation. The best bet is to never use anything like that before a client turns you in. Thanks, David
Emma E Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
5 of 8

Hi,

I just want to know if were you able to recover your odesk account? Has this issue been solved? Are you now able to withdraw your funds in odesk?

Thanks!

Ace Contributor
Nanang T Member Since: Nov 22, 2014
6 of 8

The good news is they have given you the opportunity to clarify. If you did not use the software to scamming the system, I think there will be no problem for you.

I think it would be helpful if in the beginning of the contract both parties made an agreement about how long it takes to get the job done. Sometimes the work can be completed more quickly than expected (think of it as a bonus from the client). At other times it takes longer than expected (make it as a lesson to be better at estimating the processing time of a job).

Menchu M Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
7 of 8

I also have experience receving a message about  Auto click software notification it has been solve, I reply that I used it because one of my client wants me to work with it for there Worpress websites.. so its been solve on that day that I recieve the notification. you should tell the truth and be honest why you have that software.... and why you used it... 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8
Thank you Menchu for sharing your success story with us. I have to say, however, that this is a very unusual story. I doubt that very many of us here have ever heard of or even imagined a client who asked a contractor to use autoclicker software to work on a project for them.

I have heard plenty of odd stories about WordPress, but this is the first time I have headed about a Wordpress project needing autoclick software.

Despite Menchu's account of success in explaining away her situation to odesk, my general advice would be this:

If you, as a contractor, use or think about using autoclicker software, please log off of oDesk now and never return. Aside from possibly Menchu, nobody wants you here.

If for some bizarre reason a client wants you to use autoclicker software on a project, then either do so on a fixed rate contract or do so using manual hours on an hourly rate project, because most of the time you will not be as fortunate as Menchu. There are many people accused incorrectly of using using autoclicker software who never even heard of such a thing who were suspended from oDesk. If you actually are using it, you are just begging to be suspended.

But probably even better advice would be this: if a client asks you to use autoclicker software, walk away from the job, explaining that it is not worth the risk to your account to take in such a job, not matter what legitimate (?) reasons the client has for asking yin to use the software.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS