cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto hide application

Oluwakemi B Member Since: Mar 26, 2013
21 of 61
I was experiencing the same issue, for about some weeks but it is now settled. No response to any of my applications and no invitations from clients. Though then I still have some work to do with old clients so I was not worried too much, but I decided to talk to chat support about it because as far as I know, I don't think I have done anything to warrant my application hidden. The agent I talked to told me my account was clean so I should not have the problem of hidden job applications, so she decided to open a ticket on my behalf and send it to the technicians. After a day or two, she said they've gone through the system and I should not have been affected by this, and that my issue has been solved. Though I did not see a difference until after 5 days, but now everything is okay. I now have invitations and also job interviews that I have to reject one offer yesterday due to the fact that I can't handle the work load. So I will advise you to open a ticket about this and follow up on it, you may be lucky as I am to get it resolved soon. Goodluck.
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
22 of 61
I have a friend who is a client here in oDesk and she posted a small job for the writing category. Then I ask here if there is a hidden application or something on his job postings (because I am not aware with this issue before since I have a job) and now that I don't have any single job, then, she said: yes. Out of her 16 applicants, 8 are diverted automatically on the hidden tab. So basically with that job post it stands on a 50% of the applicants go through the hidden tab. She check those who are hidden and found out that, there are 6 out of the 8 that were hide are best match for her job.
Manny g Member Since: Oct 20, 2008
23 of 61
yea affecting me too from last 2 months or so. Few points i wanna share: 1. Client must be the primary person to choose the best freelancer as per his requirements..Odesk should not the person selecting the applicants (and hiding many others)and show them to client as No softwares or human can ready sombody else's mind 2. Every applicant must get a chance to get thru to client's eye atleast. 3. hidden feature should be removed (hidden sounds a person blacklisted or not genuine and most of the clients will rarely go to check such applicants)
Md Mehadi Hasan L Member Since: Feb 7, 2013
24 of 61
Suffering the same problem Smiley Sad
Anamul H Member Since: Dec 25, 2013
25 of 61
Suffering the same problem Sad
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
26 of 61
Hi Guys, I have 7000+ odesk hours and almost 620 five star feedbacks I haven't getting interview of jobs for skills where i have almost get 550 five star feedbacks ( facebook api) for those skills. Even i just got 2 interviews in whole month and both clients told me they found me in hidden folder. Now my career seems in danger and odesk is not caring for freelancers who made odesk at this level. Even if any nontechnical client see my earlier feedbacks and see this is best candidate for facebook api jobs but odesk bugy algorthim made me hidden on every job i applied for. Guys ,please advise me if you have other alternative so i can take care of my family. Thanks Vivek
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
27 of 61
DELETED
Siddharth S Member Since: Nov 16, 2011
28 of 61
this is completely worthless experiment , what about agencies who are only depends on Odesk, they have to paid salaries to the employees every month , but after this algorithm we also facing the same problem as other individual freelancer are getting the problem. we have 4 profiles in out odesk and all have sufficient feedback and hours. even our all clients were happy in the past and we didn't had any dispute . after all these good qualities we were not able to get any single contract in the past one month , which are very big loss for agencies . i would like to request to odesk that either revoke the algorithm or set clear criteria to place a bid for particular project, so client and freelancer both will be happy. Thanks and Regards Siddharth Soni.
Jerameel M Member Since: Oct 15, 2011
29 of 61
Hi there, Im jerameel. I have 11.5k working hours on Odesk and with 4.80 positive feedback. I noticed that I dont even have a single invite unlike before for almost 1 month now. I feel that Odesk hides my profile. This feature is really not useful on both clients and freelancers. You must removed the algorithm. You have to consider the ratio of excellent feedback from small amount of negative feedback from our profile. How will client finds the right contractor if they will hide the application of the freelancer. I hope Odesk will help and consider my profile again. Sincerely, Jerameel
Afaaq H Member Since: Nov 14, 2013
30 of 61
I have also noticed from last month that i did not receive any invitation or response from any client that i have applied to his job. I have 4.78 feedback on 12 review and 1200+ hours so why our applications go's hidden it is a big loss for freelancers we spent time here on odesk keep eye on every job posted what frustration and embarrassment we have when we know that our job is Hidden. I dont think that copy past cover letter is have to be a issue , this is our need to make some copy past because there are hundred of thousand applicant that they are ready to come up first on the job and same after few mins of job posting when we are on typing the cover letter we see that there are 100 applications. i have tried to talk to support centre but they did not give me proper ans. PLZ help FIX this issue. Thanks
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS