cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto hide application

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
51 of 61

oDesk Freelancer since November 2009, oDesk Client 100% recommended, oDesk 5.0 rating, over 2,850 hours, 53 jobs to date, oDesk Money-back Guarantee program, no complaints against account, yet few meaningful invitations for almost a year now -- all due to the oDesk "mad robots"!

The negative affects brought about by changes to this platform have negatively affected the livelihoods of freelancers worldwide.

Edited 01/08/2015 RT/lwm

John Paul C Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
52 of 61

I've had a great deal of success here in oDesk in my first few months. But later on, I found out that I'm receiving fewer and fewer job invites. Not only that, I received practically zero replies on all of the jobs that I applied.

I got the chance to land a project and the client told me that my profile was perfect for the job that's why he's wondering why he found my application in the hidden tab.

I read somewhere here about the copy+paste reason and I, for one, am not the lazy type to have a generic application letter.

I am unable to load the support page that's why I'm posting my concern here. If you can provide a solution for this problem then I'd be greatful for your help.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
53 of 61
LOL. If you were able to load the support page you would probably get no more help with this question than if you can't load it at all.

I suggest you read though this forum and do some searches on the forum. A ton of conversation has gone on discussing the reasons why job applications are hidden.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
54 of 61

Hi John Paul,

I am sorry you are getting less invitations and replies from clients. I have checked your account, and it looks like the only reason your applications could be hidden is if they do not match the requirements stated by the client in the job posting. I also checked one of your recent aplications and it was not in the hidden folder. 

Note that I have merged the thread your started with another thread dedicated to this topic.

Thank you for your understanding!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Prosenjit M Member Since: Jan 13, 2015
55 of 61

Hey,

I want to know the real reason form the oDesk. Please, tell me. 

If we know the real reson then we can avoid that.

It will be good if you suggest us how can we avoid the problem.

I have a another question, some of the people said that the application profile is not mass the job then the application is hide. If anoter job is mass with the the profile, then will the job letter show?

Thanks,

Prosenjit

Pawan K Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
56 of 61

I am Google Partner, Adwords Certificated, Bing Certified, 5000+ hrs on oDesk with 4.81 ratings, still oDesk is hiding my application and not recommending me to them, WHY!!

The best Contractors on oDesk are 0 at the moment with this feature. How client would to know who is best for them, not sure which contractors oDesk recommending.

Completed 50+ jobs successfully, and rest of are active, if clients are giving more work or clients don't want  more work, what is our faulty in them. Many clients been long term and still they are running, all of clients praised my work and rehired me as well, but still I am not on recommending list, WHY?

Is this under TRIAL or for permanent, not sure.

If this goes contentiously, all of best freelancer would leave the oDesk permanently.

Please oDesk remove this hell bad feature. 

--
Regards
Pawan Kumar | Certified Marketing Professional
iNFIN Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Ph: +91 172 651 2388, 987 699 5677, 855 800 1585
Web: http://www.infintechnologies.com
E mail : pawan.k@infintechnologies.com
Ace Contributor
Crispiniano C Member Since: Dec 9, 2010
57 of 61
I do have very similar sentiments with almost all of you except that i noticed mine more or less 2 months ago. I did contact chat support but the agent said that my profile is entirely fine. I mean im not not hidden, no lapses, no nothing but i really sensed something has gone terribly wrong. I seriously planning to leave for good. It seems like old freelancers have been caught by the new algos.
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
58 of 61

One second. Just ooone second...

Just now I saw this topic. Is it still active this feature?

I heard about this feature (hiden applications) but honestly I did not know what was that. 

So, guys you're saying that some "robot" decides I'm qualified or not for the particular job? Say in other words does it mean that client potentially does not see my application?

Oh, common Odesk! That's not fair. However, I think that explains some behaviuor - sending those applications (I don't know how many in last 2 months) to the job I'm do qualified for and does not getting even a "reply".  

Of course I do copy-paste some, say this way, generic portion of the cover letter - I can't invent everytime other general wording for my skills  (still engineer not a poet... Smiley Very Happy ), but portion related to the particular job is of course "brand new" in the cover letter. 

If this is the case at least we must know that application did not reach (is hidden) client!

Very interesting endeed.

Experience:  5 stars, about 800 hours on Odesk.

Liu L Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
59 of 61

Its same situation for many persons. oDesk should fix or at least notifiy it to users.

Mae Gianina P Member Since: May 1, 2015
60 of 61

I thought I am the only one. I kept on searching about this issue I am facing. Before, I've been getting a lot of job invites and then suddenly, they disappeared!

What's funny is, due to this matter, I started applying for jobs (which I very seldom do in my entire odesk life as I regularly get job invites here and there, so there is no need to), but for the numerous job applications I did..  there was NO SINGLE RESPONSE.

I'd like to think that maybe there are several 5-star rated contractors applying on the same job post and that client just chose not to reply or even prompt that my application is declined.. But no, after experiencing this for several times, I'm starting to think that there's something happening to the system of odesk.

I noticed it all started when oDesk started to do a lot of "improvements" along with Elance and oDesk being merged. I somehow felt that maybe oDesk is giving more rooms for Elancers. I don't know, just a guess. But I know that something is happening with oDesk's algorithm even if the customer service reps kept on saying that I just have to "go to this link to improve your profile" etc etc to get hired.

As I read a lot of odeskers saying their rants about the" auto-hidden account" which is putting all their applications to trash, mostly having 5-star ratings and have earned long hours and years in odesk who probably are the ones who've made odesk rich by now.. I really feel DISAPPOINTED and FURIOUS for all contractors who worked hard to earn years of job record in oDesk. And then suddenly, odesk will change their system affecting the fortunes of so many contractors..

I JUST HOPE ODESK WOULD BE FAIR ENOUGH AND PUT BACK THE OLD ODESK.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS