🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Auto refund by Upwork without client permissi...
Page options
37d9b214
Community Member

Auto refund by Upwork without client permission

Hi, I have recently recieved mail from upwork that "You  refunded $26.60 to XXXX"

but client said me he did not ask for refund. Can any one explain? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We're sorry to hear about this. On hourly contracts when a client fails to pay for the hours logged by the freelancer and those hours don't meet the requirements for Hourly Protection, the payment may be reversed. 

Our team will also be reaching out to you via email with more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
37d9b214
Community Member

l will wait your team response. Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

but client said me he did not ask for refund. Can any one explain? 

That is almost funny... The client says they didn't ask for a refund? They would of course know perfectly well that they didn't pay for your hours in the first place. That's why the money which was never actually there was reversed.

37d9b214
Community Member

thanks,

Yeah, Muhammad S., Upwork should not refer to this sort of reversal as a "refund"

A refund can't be paid for money that was never received (from the client, in this case).

In my limited experience, even if the client fixes whatever problem with his payment method that caused this problem, Upwork will not go back and try to charge the client again. You will need to require the client to pay you the reversed payment amount (as a bonus is probably the easiest way to do this).

Is this an hourly project? Do you have any questions about how to use TimeTracker to ensure Upwork payment protection will work for you in such a situation?

Good luck!

yes its hourly project. No ,I have no questions
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members