🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » AutoHotkey Scripts while Time Tracker is on
Page options
sandreoleaong
Community Member

AutoHotkey Scripts while Time Tracker is on

Hi, guys. First time posting here. Just wanted to ask (since I can't find any answers to this question on Google and on the Upwork help center).

Are AutoHotKey scripts allowed while using the time tracker? 

It's basically an app that lets you run scripts (multiple commands) at the push of a button.

Say I press the useless PauseBreak key on my keyboard. I can tell it to push the L, Tab, Shift, Control, S, L, and K keys consecutively.

So, just pushing one key can lead to a series of keypresses (not unlike an autoclicker).

I was just wondering if I would get my account banned by doing this. 

I just basically use it for automating simple salesforce tasks like changing lead statuses and stuff like that. 

Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Sandre, I don't think there is any violation in that! why do you think that there is an issue with that?

For me I a CAD Drafting Expert, I have a "Razer Tartarus v2" [smaller keyboard] which allows me to program all of its buttons to perform certain drawing commands when I press them, this saves much time and effort for me and very effective for my clients.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as I understood your inquiry.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Sandre, I don't think there is any violation in that! why do you think that there is an issue with that?

For me I a CAD Drafting Expert, I have a "Razer Tartarus v2" [smaller keyboard] which allows me to program all of its buttons to perform certain drawing commands when I press them, this saves much time and effort for me and very effective for my clients.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as I understood your inquiry.

I hope this helps!

Hi, Youssef! thanks for the quick answer!

To clarify:

I am using it to automate keystrokes (like "press tab 12 times to get to this button" or "hold the down arrow key for 10 seconds").

So, the function is kind of like an auto-clicker, which I know Upwork is very strict with.

I'd like to know if anyone has been ever banned from using this type of software to automate simple tasks.

Does your keyboard use a third-party software to do macros? Or is it just done all on the hardware?

Hi Sandre, 

As long as the function you're referring to doesn't violate Upwork Terms of Use, you should be able to use it. I'd suggest you check section 4.1 "EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE" of the Terms of Use, to better familiarize yourself with examples of uses that are prohibited on the Site or when using the Site Services.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members