cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Launch of Upwork on Computer Startup

Craig S Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
1 of 8

How do I stop Upwork from launching automatically when my computer starts up?  

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Craig,

Click on your name at the bottom of your Upwork App and go to Settings> Advanced. There you can choose not to launch the App when you turn your computer on:

Screenshot_5.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Craig S Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
3 of 8

Hello,

Thank you for the response. 

I do not use an Upwork app on a smart phone, but rather the regular version on a laptop, and I do not see my name at the bottom of the page.  When I go to my name at the top of the page, and use the dropdown menu to choose 'Settings', there is no 'Advanced' option.

Ace Contributor
Dario L Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
4 of 8

Hello Craig,

I use the application for Windows and can find the advanced options but anyway if you're experience some troubles to find it you can follow the next steps:

1. In the task bar write: 'msconfig'
  2. Go to the 'Startup' tab.
  3. In that tab you should see either the aplications which initiates with Windows or a link.
    1. If you see the list of aplications just do right click in the app of UpWork and disable it.
    2. If you see the link, click on it and do the step above.

Example:

startup.png

Dario.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 8

Hi Craig, 

Valeria's suggestion was actually for an iOS. Are you using a Windows or a Linux laptop? You can also try Dario's suggestion. Otherwise, please share a screengrab of your Upwork Desktop App so that we can help you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Marlene D Member Since: Jul 18, 2018
6 of 8

I'm using the app on an ios device and my name doesnt come up at the bottom of the screen but rather at the top of the screen. There is no opportunity to click on it. How to I stop upwork from auto-launching when my pc is booting up?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 8

Hi Marlene, 

Will you please share a screen grab of your Upwork Desktop App? Please make sure to edit out any identifying information on the screen grab such as your name, or the names of your contract before posting the screen grab. 

You can stop your Upwork Desktop App from auto-launching by going to the app's Settings > and turning off the Automatic launch option.

-Avery
Untitled
Kristine K Member Since: Jul 31, 2019
8 of 8

It shoudln't be this hard. Having same issue on a MacBook Air.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS