🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Automatic Refund
Page options
sheuliakter333
Community Member

Automatic Refund

Hey,

Hourly contract, I was follow the hourly rules and did my work. But suddenly Upwork was refunded. I cannot add manual time, All activity levels are 8-10.

I am confused. Please help me.

Ref Id: 460961010

Thank you
Saima

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You are talking about the $999/hour job, when your profile rate is $9,99?

What happened there? The client made a decimal point error and you didn't make him aware?

This PUBC thing is one of the more popular scams at the moment. That money is gone. 

You gave the "client" 1 star and called him a scammer, you got that right. He gave you 1 star too? That's just brutal. At least they should give nice feedback when they scam people.

Don't worry about this feedback, it will disappear in a few days. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You are talking about the $999/hour job, when your profile rate is $9,99?

What happened there? The client made a decimal point error and you didn't make him aware?

This PUBC thing is one of the more popular scams at the moment. That money is gone. 

You gave the "client" 1 star and called him a scammer, you got that right. He gave you 1 star too? That's just brutal. At least they should give nice feedback when they scam people.

Don't worry about this feedback, it will disappear in a few days. 

Yes, I did the mistake. But I was used the time tracker so why back refund.

Saima Jahan C wrote:

But I was used the time tracker so why back refund.

Because it was a fraudulent job.

But I follow the Upwork hourly rules.. So, I want to back my amount.

You didn't. As I explained already, upwork payment protection DOES NOT PAY A FANTASY RATE just because you put it there. 

The most you could ever get would be $9,99, assuming you "worked" an hour. But even that is off since you violated ToS by buying virtual currency, an offense that can and probably will get you suspended, along with the scammer client. 

What would you tell a freelancer that says: I worked for a client 10 hours @ 999/hour, where is my money??? if they have a profile rate of 10/hour? You would say: are you trying to scam upwork? Have you read the ToS and do you know how payment protection works? Are you sure it's a good idea to write this on a public forum which only draws attention to the fraud you participated in?

You might have more questions. 

no. Clear my doubt. I respect upwork. 

You haven't so far. You participated in payment outside of upwork. Buying or selling any virtual currency is strictly forbidden. You are trying to game the system with a fantasy rate. 

I did the mistake. Thanks for help. I cannot bid this type project anymore.

Saima Jahan C wrote:

But I follow the Upwork hourly rules.. So, I want to back my amount.

Upwork does not owe you money. The client does. The client never paid upwork. You might want to talk to them, but they might not be willing since you called them a scammer in your feedback. Hint: they will never respond since they achieved their goal. 

You can't just input the highest possible rate which is 100 times higher than your usual rate and expect to be paid, right? Payment protection covers your profile rate or a market rate (with the time tracker and memos), not just any random number you put there. 

If you argue this point, you make it pretty clear that you willingly participated in a scam. The scammer wanted your money, and you wanted unearned money from upwork. Not a good look. 

Understand. I cannot bargain with you. Clear my doubt. Next time I maintain it.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths