🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Automatic Refund
Page options
shiraz27
Community Member

Automatic Refund

Hello Upwork Community. I recently encountered a problem. I received a notification of a refund given back to my client from my account which I did not initiate or accept. 

All my hours were billed on-clock with no manual time added. Why such a thing happened and how to solve this matter?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Shiraz S wrote:

Hello Upwork Community. I recently encountered a problem. I received a notification of a refund given back to my client from my account which I did not initiate or accept. 

All my hours were billed on-clock with no manual time added. Why such a thing happened and how to solve this matter?

The client didn't pay for your hours, and your hours didn't qualify for protection (Upwork paying you out of their own pocket)

Tracking is only one of several criteria.

Did you have meaningful memos which clearly described the work you were doing and good activity levels?

shiraz27
Community Member

The automatic screen clicks were all about the work I was doing for the client represented my work. Out of several screenshots, I guess 3-4 were of Google chrome homepage or my own desktop. My whole work was online, so no documents or files had to be attached.

petra_r
Community Member

Shiraz S wrote:

The automatic screen clicks were all about the work I was doing for the client represented my work. Out of several screenshots, I guess 3-4 were of Google chrome homepage or my own desktop. My whole work was online, so no documents or files had to be attached.

For the protection you need to have meaningful work memos which clearly describe the work you are doing and adequate activity levels as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members