🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Automatic Withdrawal to a Wrong ACcount
Page options
mattheevaaron
Community Member

Automatic Withdrawal to a Wrong ACcount

Hi Community!

Today, an automatic withdrawal happened on my account and upon checking it, it was one of my old accounts that is not existing anymore. It can't receive funds, it can't send, etc. so technically, I wouldn't be able to receive the withdrawal. 

I read some comments about it here saying that I need to wait for about a week to 10 days so that the experts can trace it and get it back to me. 

I sent customer service a message too. 

I'm just wondering, is there any way how I can expedite this process? Can this be done within just 2 to 3 business days? 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately no. If you haven't received the funds back after 8 business days, let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.
I would also recommend updating your primary payment method, so that your funds are always withdrawn to your preferred payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Isn't it that when upwork detects that a certain
account is closed, it will automatically go back to my UpWork's balance?

Hi Matthew,

While we won't be able to share specific information about this process I can confirm the information Goran shared, about your funds being returned automatically to your Upwork balance if they can't be received in the receiving bank's account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

Funds still haven't been returned to my upwork balance. The bank says that
the account is closed.

Can you please help and do something about it?

Hi Matthew,

Please allow 8 business days for the funds to be reversed back to your account. If you still haven't received the funds after 8 business days, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths