🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Automatic withdrawal below the set threshold?...
Page options
asajid
Community Member

Automatic withdrawal below the set threshold?! What on earth is going on?!

I've been using this platform for 15 years, and have yet to see such weird things happen here. I got an email a few days back about an automatic withdrawal about to happen, so I went in and confirmed that my threshold was set to $1000 and my account had only $440 that I had left in there on purpose to buy connects when I was ready to actively apply for work again (my son was sitting O'Level exams so I was focusing on that) 

Today I received an email that my funds have been automatically sent to my default withdrawal method! 
Between the lack of decent work and connects to boost everything and buying expert vetted badges, this is the last straw! I can see how the need get any fees whatsoever before Q2 ends is forcing UW to make desperate decisions, especially considering that there were layoffs not so long ago when revenue goals weren't met but you are just losing all credibility and actually hurting people who honestly support the platform and want to keep using it.

Now that uw has taken fees from me for an unwanted withdrawal am I expected to use a credit card and pay more fees to load funds onto Upwork and then buy connects to work here?! 

please help me reverse this withdrawal as I lose a LOT in conversion fees when I withdraw versus when I upload money in dollars. 

Honestly, this feels like I've been stolen from. And I'm not ok with this 

Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
3 REPLIES 3
71ecaecd
Community Member

Hello ma'am

I'm Ankita I'm a new freelancer on upwork I have facing some issues plz guide me.

I paid $17.72 this morning to buy connects. The payment is successful but the connects are not showing on my profile. 

spectralua
Community Member

It is unreversable, sorry.

Should be timeout withdraw done. 180 days (if i remember correctly). You cannot keep money here longer than that.

The threshold is there for a reason, if the funds are below that amount, they don't transfer it, this is the first time this happened, otherwise, they leave my funds alone if they are less than 1000, and I categorically kept this to buy connects whenever I need them. I wasn't active for a couple of weeks and they do this! 

Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members