🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Automatically ended contract by upwork, says ...
Page options
chegejymes
Community Member

Automatically ended contract by upwork, says client requested funds that was in escrow

There's this client I've worked with for a while and he's a good client. I had a contract with him that had a bit of inactivity for a while. Due to the covid issue, we were to work on the project in oct for the said contract which had an active milestone that was complete on my side. However, Upwork ended the contract and I got a notice to file a dispute or approve a refund from escrow to the client. I currently haven't been able to successfully reach the client but he's a good client, not sure why he's unreachable. I'm wondering if he requested the refund or this is automatic and whether I should file a dispute since the work for the amount in escrow was complete. I have one day to file a dispute or approve the refund. Kindly advise how I can go about this. The client wants me to work on another project but which is supposed to start soon.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

James C wrote:

I'm wondering if he requested the refund or this is automatic and whether I should file a dispute since the work for the amount in escrow was complete. I have one day to file a dispute or approve the refund. Kindly advise how I can go about this. 

It's automatic when the funds were in escrow for 90 days and Yes, file the dispute. Why didn't you submit the work for payment if it is complete?

Dispute now before you run out of time.

Can I do this without rating the client? Seems like when I click file dispute I get taken to the page where I have to rate the client.

James C wrote:

Can I do this without rating the client? Seems like when I click file dispute I get taken to the page where I have to rate the client.

Rate the client then. What's the problem with that? You say you're about to start another contract with the client so obviously it's an OK client?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members