Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autotracked time, client account suspended

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 18

It seems everyone needs to spend some of their valuable time reading every last word and character of the user agreement, because who knows which minuscule detail of it the team or the robots will choose next to use as the reason for suspending the next batch of accounts?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
12 of 18

It's not so much the "documented" policies, procedures, and practices on oDesk that concern me. It's the lack of transparency surrounding oDesk processes that concern me.

That is, processes like those often referred to as "mad robots" (algorithms), performance metrics reported to oDesk that freelancers have no access to, the qualifications of oDesk personnel making decisions -- all of which control the future and livelihoods of freelancers on oDesk.

Edited 01/08/2015 RT/lwm

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 18

Hi Ronald,

Both the freelancer and the client are notified if a payment fails and hours that do now qualify for the oDesk Guarantee get reversed. The client is asked to resolve the issue with their payment method and issue a bonus to pay off what they owe.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
14 of 18

Hi all,

Thank you for the discussion. Freelancers are not forced to enter memos, however if you wish to be covered by the oDesk Guarantee in case the client's payment method fails, you need to comply with the requirements stated in ToS and the Help Article. And our Team exhausts every possibility to let the client resolve the past due balance before anything is reversed.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Oleg B Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
15 of 18

Can you explain the situation written above by me?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
16 of 18

VK, if payment is ever reversed / refunded to a client, does oDesk notify the freelancer about those actions?

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Oleg B Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
17 of 18

A new branch of my story:

Today oDesk have refunded from my balance $47.39

What for ???

So I spent time, done the job, lost money and .... refunded to client/odesk from my balance? What's going on? I shocked

Highlighted
18 of 18

Hi Oleg,

I am really sorry about this situation. If the client failed to pay, the hours that do not qualify for the oDesk Guarantee will get reversed. It looks like you used manual time and it is not guaranteed unfortunately.

I appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS