🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Availability/Invitations
Page options
saileigh
Community Member

Availability/Invitations

I've set my availability a few times as "unavailable" until a certain date, and notify my clients that I'll be unavailable for a bit (usually about two weeks at a time to work on personal/larger projects) but I still get a good amount of invitations coming through despite being marked as unavailable. Is there a way to temporarily stop invitations so that I don't need to turn away potential clients? I feel bad that they're reaching out to an unavailable freelancer (I'm also an Upwork client and would find this frustrating) and would like to maintain positive feedback by being generally available...but then I get no "down time."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this feedback, Sai.

Setting one’s profile as unavailable limits its visibility in search and therefore clients can’t find it in search and send an invitation. It also serves to inform the clients who view your profile that you are not available at the moment. However, if the client previously saved the profile or has a direct link to it, they will be able to access it and send an invite. 

You can consider setting the out-of-office responder in MessagesIf you use the Out-Of-Office setting on your Messages, your clients receive a message in their Messages page that you are out-of-office if they send you a message. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this feedback, Sai.

Setting one’s profile as unavailable limits its visibility in search and therefore clients can’t find it in search and send an invitation. It also serves to inform the clients who view your profile that you are not available at the moment. However, if the client previously saved the profile or has a direct link to it, they will be able to access it and send an invite. 

You can consider setting the out-of-office responder in MessagesIf you use the Out-Of-Office setting on your Messages, your clients receive a message in their Messages page that you are out-of-office if they send you a message. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
saileigh
Community Member

Thank you! I wasn’t aware of the Out of Office option and will definitely be utilizing that.

Enjoy upwork you 

Think you upwork 

Waseem akhtar
9dfdea2c
Community Member

I'm freelancing upworker so nice work you

Waseem akhtar
9dfdea2c
Community Member

Hello friend help me for my job

Waseem akhtar
9dfdea2c