🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Average hourly rates
Page options
studiof12
Community Member

Average hourly rates

Hi,

I am an freelancer in Video Production niche.

I don't know how high or low exactly should I set my hourly rate.

I have a general idea, but do we have any Upwork statistics, tables or any other information so that our decision on setting our hourly rates is easier and on point.

Thank you for help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kinector
Community Member

It is very easy to search for your competitors and see what they charge if that's what you want to do.

But my question back at you is why on earth would you want to set your rate to be different than what your work is worth to the client?

The "correct" way is to do value-based pricing, i.e. you do something particularly good and special for only those whose need is dire and therefore don't mind paying premium bucks.

Competing with prices is anyway a dead-end for your freelance business... there's always someone cheaper and more desperate in a total "I will do anything" mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kinector
Community Member

It is very easy to search for your competitors and see what they charge if that's what you want to do.

But my question back at you is why on earth would you want to set your rate to be different than what your work is worth to the client?

The "correct" way is to do value-based pricing, i.e. you do something particularly good and special for only those whose need is dire and therefore don't mind paying premium bucks.

Competing with prices is anyway a dead-end for your freelance business... there's always someone cheaper and more desperate in a total "I will do anything" mode.

Thank you for your help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members