🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Awaiting milestone
Page options
9fcb59ee
Community Member

Awaiting milestone

Hello everyone, I am new here in Upwork.

I just got my first translation job here, and I have completed it and I send it to the client, but I don't know why it is in the awaiting milestone section, I mean when is it's gonna be considered a completed job, and moves to the payment stage so I can get the client feedback and my feedback as well?

When it will move to the payment request, does it mean that "Earnings Available Now" will be $10.00?
Thanks for your answers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Kawtar,

This message means that there are no currently active milestones on the contract. I checked and it does look like there was a first milestone that has already been released. For that reason, since the only milestone on the contract has already been completed, there are no milestones on the contract. You can check on the status of your funds in Reports > Overview.

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Check out this help article to learn more.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bobafett999
Community Member

Was the project funded? If not then you might have worked for free. If it was funded then did you submit via upwork

AndreaG

Hi Kawtar,

This message means that there are no currently active milestones on the contract. I checked and it does look like there was a first milestone that has already been released. For that reason, since the only milestone on the contract has already been completed, there are no milestones on the contract. You can check on the status of your funds in Reports > Overview.

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Check out this help article to learn more.

~Andrea
Upwork
a485ff2e
Community Member

If you submitted your work through the funded milestone and the client has approved it, then your earnings will be shown under the "pending" tab, and after a 5-day security period, it becomes available. Moreover, the amount available is the net amount excluding Upwork's service fee and withholding tax, as applicable.

Feedback can only be given when either the client or the freelancer chooses to close the contract. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Kawtar,

The client has 14 days to either approve a Milestone or request a revision. At the end of 14 days if the client does nothing, Upwork automatically approves the Milestone. Next, the payment goes into the Transaction section and take 5 days to clear. Have a great day!

10a569e7
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have successfully completed the project according to the milestone, and the client has made the payment. However, it has been over 30 days and the project is still stuck in the milestone phase, preventing me from leaving feedback for the client, and vice versa. I would like to know the process for closing the project and being able to provide feedback, as it is crucial for me as a beginner to showcase my skills through client reviews, despite having 11 years of experience. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marc,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We know that feedback is essential to any business or professional. When you provide feedback to others, you can help them identify their strengths and weaknesses and show appreciation for things that went well during a project.

When a contract ends, clients usually leave you feedback. However, if you are the one ending the contract, we will allow you to leave feedback as part of that process. Feel free to check this help article for detailed instructions on ending a contract, and this here for giving feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork

same problem 

hamdkhan127
Community Member

What he has asked and what you are replying to?  Do you really think it is the answer of his question?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths