cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD REVIEW

Maria Goldee B Member Since: May 10, 2017
1 of 8

Hi

I got my first upwork job and I was so happy but then i'ts a negative feedback.

This was due to a CET time we both agreed on and unfortunately when I google " CET time now" it shows a time which is actually an hour late.So she ended up waiting and when I dialled her, she was already upset and has ended the contract and i am left with a bad feedback! I have never been late in any appointment in my life and honestly this hurt my profile so much as this is my first freelance job here on upwork and has no other feedback to balance things out.

She also says I am not reliable and not on the speed she expects but on one of the 2 jobs she asked me to do, I only worked on it once, 2 hours and she was satisfied with the leads I gave her that she did not ask me to search for more. How about that for speed and reliability?

There is only one role left now which was the more difficult one.She asked one time as I havent logged in. I explained to her, before I log in I usually check first if I can find more leads for few more minutes otherwise I told her I feel bad billing her if I am not able to give her new names. That means I have not even billed some hours for her checking forums, conferences and events just to look for specific people fore her requirement!

Please can anyone tell me how to get this bad review off? Does the refund work? Both my parents are undergoing tests, hospitalisation etc and both suspect for cancer the reason I need new contracts which seems impossible now with the only and first feedback being negative. The reason I took a break is so I can have time with my family too but I still need cash to come in.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Maria Goldee, 

I'm sorry that this contract didn't turn out to be successful. The public feedback will disappear if you issue a refund, but the private feedback will still remain.

I would suggest that you continue applying to jobs within your skill set and deliver great results to future clients. One setback shouldn't stop you from continuing your freelancer career, because setbacks will happen sooner or later anyway. 

Edit your profile overview where the clients will have an idea what you can offer to them, and how your skills and experience can give them great project results. Include any certification you have had, upload your portfolio in the portfolio section, and take skills test to beef up your profile.

Please check the freelancer resources we compiled to help you work successfully on the platform.

-Avery
Untitled
Maria Goldee B Member Since: May 10, 2017
3 of 8

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your help but can I ask if this is the best solution there is?

Having a private feedback comment will still give a bad impression as everyone knows it is a feedback removed for a reason. For a full refund, which is essentially a free work, dont we deserve more than this?

Goldee

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 8

Hi Maria Goldee, 

I would personally recommend against a refund because you have worked on this project, and you should be paid for the hours you spent on the project. Refunding will remove the contract on your profile, but the private feedback will remain and will affect your Job Success Score.  

If you become a Top Rated freelancer in the future, you may avail of the perk to remove a feedback on your profile, or on your Job Success Score calculation.

-Avery
Untitled
Nz S Member Since: Jul 25, 2018
5 of 8

Is it possible for a Freelancer with Negetive Review on the

Very 1st Job to become a Rising Talent and Ultimately become top rated?

What will be your advise for a Freelancer with such profile?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

@Nz S wrote:

Is it possible for a Freelancer with Negetive Review on the

Very 1st Job to become a Rising Talent and Ultimately become top rated?

What will be your advise for a Freelancer with such profile?

*No* to becoming Rising Talent.

Top rated, sure, if you do future jobs perfectly and get great private and public feedback and get a JSS of over 90% and keep it at over 90% you could eventually get to top rated if you earn enough (minimum $ 1000 within the last 12 months) and don't get any account holds...

Truda G Member Since: Nov 21, 2019
7 of 8

So, would it be wise to take on work that is very short, no demands,and that you know you can complete?  Like the $5 or $10 jobs .... testing products and so forth.

I'm just starting out as well .... so I'm a bit nervous about my first few reviews.  Not that I have any doubt about my abilities, but I haven't felt out the community yet ... to see just how some hard expectations might pan out.  Thanks.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

Maria Golden: If you get other jobs, and do a good job on them, then the significance of one single job lessens.

Thoughtful clients will consider your profile as a whole and not focus on just one review.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS