🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » BANK ACCOUNT NAME DIFFERENT WITH UPWORK ACCOU...
Page options
ayeshariaz78
Community Member

BANK ACCOUNT NAME DIFFERENT WITH UPWORK ACCOUNT

Hi My bank account name is different outwork account please guide me how i can set the payment method and get money in my bank account

18 REPLIES 18
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Malik,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your chosen payment method's account name should match your Upwork account name. Please know for security reasons, users will not be allowed to withdraw to another person's bank account as a payment method, unless the user is a joint-account holder of the bank account. You may check these other payment method options to see which is the right fit for your setup.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexii thanks for your time.

i dont have any other option.please help me to solve this problem i want to paid in my bank account please tell me any other option.any other way 

thanks

Hi Malik,

If you would like to withdraw funds using local bank transfer, you can update your name to match the name you have on your bank account. To learn more about other payment methods you can use to withdraw your funds, please check out the link that Aleksandar shared on this thread. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey! I have a bank account under my company's name and I am the Sole Proprietor.Does it count?

re: "I have a bank account under my company's name and I am the Sole Proprietor. Does it count?"

No.

petra_r
Community Member

Sachin S wrote:

Hey! I have a bank account under my company's name and I am the Sole Proprietor.Does it count?

That's abolutely fine, all you will need to do is show Upork the paperwork that links you to the company as the sole proprietor. Articles of incorporation or similar. 

Preston H wrote:

re: "I have a bank account under my company's name and I am the Sole Proprietor. Does it count?"

No.

Why would you say that? Of course it does,

xreel
Community Member

Hey! I have a bank account (current) under my company's name and I am the Sole Proprietor. Can I transfer my funds to that account??

Yes, absolutely. There is a fee on withdrawal for non-US banks, just so you know.

Thanks,

I tried and it says account name mismatch and the payment method is disabled. So should I mail them the document proof?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sachin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

hello, I sent you two screenshots the first is on payoneer and the second is on Upwork, the address line 1, the postal code and the country is different than Upwork but on the other hand I did not make a mistake regarding the name, date of birth and identity card number. what I would like to know is that Upwork will accept my payoneer account so that I can make my first withdrawals.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

@rabo

I created my payoneer account this Thursday and it's tomorrow Sunday that upwork I will know if my account will be accepted, so I would like to know if I have no reason to worry.

@rabo

Hi Adama,

The availability of payment methods varies by country, and some banks may charge incoming fees additional to those listed above. Your available options will display when you add a payment method.

I can see that you already added your Payoneer account. For security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork

so you mean I have the ability to add someone else's bank account? I would like you to be more clear because I have no other solutions I really need your help

@rabo

Hi Adama,

Yes, as long as the account holder authorizes it, you would be able to add their account as a billing method.

**Edited**

Yes, as long as you are also listed as an account holder, you would be able to add their account as a payment method.

~ AJ
Upwork

Madam you are really sure that I can I am afraid to do it and that upwork suspends my account reassure me please

@rabo

Hi Adama,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. As she mentioned, you may add someone else's bank account to your account as long as you're authorized to use it. The team will surely let you know if further verification needs to be performed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths