Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDO payment delay

Highlighted
Michael Angelo L Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
11 of 26
Hello, I still didn't receive the payment I have transact last November 8,
it turns out that bank closed my account and im planning to make a new one.
is there any way I can transfer that first transaction I made to my new
account?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 26

Hi Michael,

If your bank account was closed your funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account. If you don't see your funds after 8 business days (today is your 6th) let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 26

Monika Emma Mari L wrote:

Same issue, havent received my payout.

Monika, it is Easter. Banks in your country were closed since Thursday... Transfers are not processed on holidays

Highlighted
Monika Emma Mari L Member Since: Dec 15, 2018
14 of 26

Hi Petra,

Yes I know, but banks here are back from the holiday. I tried to check if this has been processed but there are no incoming/pending transaction for my account as per BDO. thats why I am asking for the reference number to give. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 26

Monika Emma Mari L wrote:

Hi Petra,

Yes I know, but banks here are back from the holiday. I tried to check if this has been processed but there are no incoming/pending transaction for my account as per BDO. thats why I am asking for the reference number to give. 

You won't get reference number. In the incredibly unlikely case that after 8 business days (!) there is still no sign of your funds, you can ask for a trace. But this is entirely normal for the holidays, and you should see the money in a day or 2.

Highlighted
Christie M Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
16 of 26
I had the same issue. It takes 3 days now for funds to be transferred to my BDO account. It usually only takes 1 day. Maybe there's an issue on BDO's end.
Highlighted
Genevieve Pearl P Member Since: Jan 6, 2018
17 of 26

Same experience. I usually transfer the money Wednesday morning and on Thursday evening, funds should have been transferred to my account but recently and just today, I still see nothing on my account. It is definitely an issue on BDO's end. Would probably get a new account from another bank or consider Payoneer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
18 of 26

Hi Genevieve,

Sorry for the delay.  It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. Please let us know if you have not received the funds after 8 business days and our team will investigate further.

Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Christopher G Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
19 of 26

Experiencing the same.  Also encountered the issue with PayPal to a PayMaya VISA (which should be complete within an hour or so).  Also waiting for funds to credit my MTBC (5:55pm PHT next day) account and it usually clears earlier than BDO by around 4 hours (10-11PHT).

Heard the bull about it taking x number of days and it escapes me how that addresses the question. "Normally", it wouldn't take this long to credit the accounts.  There's no 2-5 days since it's not normal for it to take that long.

If anyone's got an idea what's going on.... holler here please.  

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 26

I'm sorry you feel this way, Christopher. 

Generally speaking, direct to local bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it does not reflect on your account after 8-business days, we can issue a trace for you. 

For Paypal, in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours. If it has been more than 24 hours, you may contact Paypal directly about your transaction. 

I've checked and all the withdrawals you made on 25-July were all successful on our end. Please let us know if any of the withdrawals do not reflect on your account on the timings I've noted above and we'll assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS