Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE AWARE!!!

Highlighted
Patrascu C Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 3

Hello Freelancers,

There are mean people out there between the clients that make a lot of accounts and post a lot of jobs usually on big money but they never hire because they want you to send them good quality work that they can use for free. So if you aplly to a job and you get this message back  ''I would like to give you a chance to hire this job. Could you please show me a good draft if you want to pass the interview. because this is interview level. if your design good we could start the contract and award this job to you. After that I will release the payment. Please send me your draft quickly. I am waiting for see it. Smiley Happy'' don't answer to it because there is no job and you will never get hire. Hope no one up there got tricked .

Have a good day!

Highlighted
Priyanka C Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Patrascu 

Yes exactly this is true , there are scammers on ODESK with fake jobs. 

And after Odesk become Paid , It becomes difficult to get projects for companies because there Odesk takes 2 Connects per bid. 

It is really very costly now. After Elance and Odesk get merged quality is down .

It was great place to work till 2013 . But not a good place now. 

Thanks

Priyanka 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Patrascu,

Please, flag such jobs postings as "Asking for free work." It is against oDesk Policies to request free samples and freelancers shouldn't do any work for clients without an active contract in place.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS