🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » BID RANGE not shown correct
Page options
karmayog92
Community Member

BID RANGE not shown correct

While bidding proposal for a job I noticed a discrepancy in BID RANGE, the amount shown as the lowest bid is greater then the amount I have quoted. It shows LOW as $25, whereas I have submitted $18.75 in my own proposal so it should be the lowest amount.Please clarify as it is really important as far as the upwork fair play is concerned.Here is the reference of the JOB: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Tarique K wrote:

While bidding proposal for a job I noticed a discrepancy in BID RANGE, the amount shown as the lowest bid is greater then the amount I have quoted. It shows LOW as $25, whereas I have submitted $18.75 in my own proposal so it should be the lowest amount.

That means one of two things:

1) you've already been archived or declined. Only bids of active proposals are shown, the bid range does not include declined, archived or withdrawn proposals. Many clients who look for quality immediately archive lowballing bids without even reading the proposal.

2) You haven't left enough time for it to update

#1 My Proposal is still active and I have the lowest bid.
#2 Its more than 7 days since this proposal is active.

Tarique K wrote:
#1 My Proposal is still active and I have the lowest bid.
#2 Its more than 7 days since this proposal is active.

Then the client has archived your proposal. That does not show on your side. (It only moves to "archived proposals" on your end if the client has declined your bid or closed the job or it expired.

Uwork is NOT a reverse ebay where the lowest bid wins. Most good clients don't even look at lowball bids.

The bid-range you see (and the number of applicants) only includes bids and applicants who are still in the running. Yours isn't.

c5255793
Community Member

I was opening the same topic when I found your comments. Thanks.

c5255793
Community Member

What happens if my proposal had been archived and I change the terms of my proposal to a higher bid than the current lower price ? Will it be re-actived and shown to the client ?

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that changing your bid will not reactivate your proposal.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for the clarification

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members