🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » BLOCKED BY THE MODERATOR AFTER DENYING TO JOI...
Page options
Community Member

BLOCKED BY THE MODERATOR AFTER DENYING TO JOIN "UPWORK UNITED STATES" GROUP

Hello, I am Manny, a newbie to upwork and havent won any proposals yet even with my background in retail and customer service.  It felt motivating to start over and work your way up.   I was enjoying Upwork and thought that joining an upwork group would fuel that fire and I would have freelancers that will welcome and guide me to finally land my first job.

While searching for groups, I decided to join "UPWORK UNITED STATES".  Which makes sense because I am a US Citizen residing in Guam, USA.  Then earlier to today, I received a message from the group moderator **Edited for Community Guidelines** and she stated that my request to join the Upwork United States is denied.  I was sad but totally understood the decision, because maybe they only approve the members that resides on the 50 states and not accepting US Citizens from the US Territories.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, I replied and apologized for my mistake and ask if there's a group for Guam that I can join.  But Instead of replying,  She BLOCKED me.  (I took a video of my phone screen as evidence but I cant attach the video here.  Please see screenshots for evidence)

Is this normal here at Upwork? are people here that mean? What did I do to be treated this way, I just wanted to be part of a group that will guide me in landing a career here at upwork.  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I wish you all the best in the world.  And Hope you land all the jobs you sent proposal to.  And be a great moderator and role model to your members.  Thank you! 

I am thankful for this experience because it totally changed my perpective.  Maybe Upwork is not for me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6bfcdaf8
Community Member

You are just confused, Messaging link is up above. View profile is a link to view a users upwork freelancer profile. Since the moderator is not a freelancer it is normal to see "profile no longer available". I see the same and it is expected behavior.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bobafett999
Community Member

Your profile is visible

Thank you.  Thats good to know.  atleast she only blocked me on her profile.  Totally fine.

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

You are just confused, Messaging link is up above. View profile is a link to view a users upwork freelancer profile. Since the moderator is not a freelancer it is normal to see "profile no longer available". I see the same and it is expected behavior.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members