🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: BOOSTED PROPOSAL CONNECTS REFUND
Page options
ard1997x
Community Member

BOOSTED PROPOSAL CONNECTS REFUND

Hey Upwork Community,

I recently started boosting proposals because there is a crisis and I received maybe 4-5 interviews in last 2 months so I thought to give it a try to boost proposal system.

The problem is, I'd like to know if the boosted connects are refunded in these case scenarios:

1.  You're boosted but you didn't receive any eligible interaction and the client hired someone.

2. You're boosted but you didn't receive any eligible interaction and the client canceled or closed the project without hiring.

Looking forward to your answers, thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ari, I believe all of this is answered in the article I linked to. 

From my previous post (and in the docs):

You will only be charged Connects if your proposal ends up in a boosted slot at the conclusion of the auction, or if the client interacts with your proposal during the auction process.

I agree the docs seem a bit confusing. However, my takeaway is this:

• You're in a boosted slot. No client interaction. Client hires someone else. You are charged the connects (the lowset value of the top 3, at least so the docs state that)
  • You're temporarily in a boosted spot and subsquently knocked out due to higher bids. No client interaction. Client hires someone else. You are refunded the boosted connects.
  • You're in a boosted spot. Client interacts with you. You are subsquently knocked out of the boosted spot. Client hires someone else. You are charged b/c while boosted the client interacted with you.

The support doc I linked to goes through several scenarios. Give it a read again?

Personally, if I were to boost a proposal (IF) I would consider all of those connects gone. Period.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
7f9b79df
Community Member

First result of a google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=upwork+boosted+proposals

Leads to Upwork's documentation: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406395531795-Boost-Your-Proposal

Read the article, it clearly articulates what's considered an eligible interaction.

I know what is an eligible interaction and that's not what I asked. It seems to me that you didn't fully read my post or didn't understand.

I also read Upwork's documentation before posting there but didn't find the answer to my questions.

Ardi D wrote:

I know what is an eligible interaction and that's not what I asked. It seems to me that you didn't fully read my post or didn't understand.

I also read Upwork's documentation before posting there but didn't find the answer to my questions.

Maybe reconsider those statements? Here, I'll do the work for you.... 

You asked: "You're boosted but you didn't receive any eligible interaction and the client hired someone"

The support document I linked to states:

Eligible interactions include:

• The client opens your proposal
  • The client sends an offer to you
  • The client shortlists your proposal
  • The client messages you
  • The client archives your proposal
  • The client declines your proposal

You will only be charged Connects if your proposal ends up in a boosted slot at the conclusion of the auction, or if the client interacts with your proposal during the auction process.

There is more detail in the support doc that further clarifies:

• When and what will I be charged?
  • How will Connects refunds work?
  • And much more...

You're welcome 🙂

Hey Kindler, thanks for your answer but with "You're boosted but you didn't receive any eligible interaction and the client hired someone"  I meant: Does the connects get refunded if the client hired someone and didn't open or interact with my proposal while I was at top 3.

Because in Upwork Documentation, there are some contradictions, somewhere says that connects are refunded when: You earned a boosted spot temporarily, but the client never interacted with your proposal and you were bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction closed.

Now, if the client never interacted then the connects will be returned, I get that but why it says "if you're bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction is closed" that doesn't make sense because it seems that if client interacted or not, doesn't matter, if you occupied a space in top 3 then you'll lose the connects without the guarantee of an interaction by the client.

Hope that explains better what I meant!

Ari, I believe all of this is answered in the article I linked to. 

From my previous post (and in the docs):

I agree the docs seem a bit confusing. However, my takeaway is this:

• You're in a boosted slot. No client interaction. Client hires someone else. You are charged the connects (the lowset value of the top 3, at least so the docs state that)
  • You're temporarily in a boosted spot and subsquently knocked out due to higher bids. No client interaction. Client hires someone else. You are refunded the boosted connects.
  • You're in a boosted spot. Client interacts with you. You are subsquently knocked out of the boosted spot. Client hires someone else. You are charged b/c while boosted the client interacted with you.

The support doc I linked to goes through several scenarios. Give it a read again?

Personally, if I were to boost a proposal (IF) I would consider all of those connects gone. Period.

I was checked your links it's very usefull, thankyou🥰

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Ardi, I have submitted to thousands of projects and have never had Connects refunded except in one recent change to Upwork's rules. If I am outbid for the top 3 positions, a partial refund of Connects is given. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members