🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: BPI BANK TRANSFER 2019
Page options
chua_reynier
Community Member

BPI BANK TRANSFER 2019

Hi I just withrew money today to my BPI Account (Direct to Local Bank Transfer). Does it immediately show in my account or will it take a couple of days to push through? Balance became 0 in my upwork dashboard, but no update on my BPI Account. Sorry for the newbie question. I'm wondering if it's automatic now or it still takes a couple of days to show up.

22 REPLIES 22
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Reynier,

The usual time frame for the funds to arrive on your account is 2 to 5 business days. If you don't receive your funds let us know here after 8 business days and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the prompt response! Will wait for it then.

Hi Goran, thank you for your response and your immediate assistance. Will wait for an update on my account.

ronlorraine
Community Member

Transfers to the banks BPI and Land Bank normally take 3-4 days. It also matters when you made the transfer since this was our 4th of July holiday and banks don't transfer on holidays and weekends. So even though UW released the funds it might of been the weekend or holiday in the USA were UW sends money from.

Hi Ron, thank you very much for the response. This is duly noted, will wait for an update on my account. I just thought that it was somewhat automatic now.

Can you share how much fee does BPI charge for transfers? Some banks treat upwork transfers as remittance and charge as high as P300 per withdrawal. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Luisa, 

You may check this with your bank directly. In my experience, the Bank of the Philippine Islands does not charge remittance fees. 

~ Avery
Upwork
oui25
Community Member

Thanks Avery, I just called BPI but I have doubts as it seems the rep is not sure as well.. I'm also using BPI Direct so I'm not sure if it has the same privileges.

Hi Luisa,

I reckon that the amount was exactly what I expected to come in. Less the %
share from Upwork of course. 🙂

Hope this helps!

After how many days you were able to see it in your account?

pjdl
Community Member

@Barbarra Maye O

At first 3 business days. Then on my next withdrawal, it only took less than a day. I am not sure if this is the same for anybody else.

evan0210
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem, I just withrew my money from my account last May 16 Saturday (Philippine time)to my BPI Account (Direct to Local Bank Transfer). As of today May 22,2020 my BPI Account has the same balance from last week. I know it takes 3 to 4 working days for the processing and its already the 5th day. Please help.

Hi Evan,

If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let me know here, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok sir. Its my first transaction so I'm nervous on my hard earned money. 😅

Hi Evan, did you get your money already from BPI acct?

Yes maam. Its my mistake also cause I've entered the card number (the numbers you usually see in front of the card) instead of the account number, the one in the back of the card. If not you need to go to your local bank customer service and ask for your account number.

Hi Evan! This is also what I did. I put my card number instead of my account number. What should I do?

Hi. First you need to know the right account number, for checking it. You may check via bpi online banking if you have one. if not, just go to the nearest bpi family savings if your account is on bpi family and bpi island if your account is on bpi island. Then ask a costumer service for your account number. Then try to send a message on upwork costumer service so they can help you on fixing it faster. Regarding the money transfer it will return to your upwork account because the account number you entered is invalid. But it will take weeks I think, so to shortened it you need to contact upworks costumer service for faster solution and they will guide you on it.
pjdl
Community Member

May I ask if there are any fees from BPI? How's the exchange rate compared to Paypal? TIA

Hi Patrick John,

You may confirm with BPI directly so that they can share more information with you about any fees for transferring your funds from Upwork. In my experience, there were no charges. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Patrick John,

Same, no charges when I had a transaction with BPI before.
But yes, best to confirm with BPI for specifics.

@Reynier C

Thank you very much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths