cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRSTN for BPI dollar account

Romuel P Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
1 of 8

Hi, 

when setting up payment, I can see that the currency is for peso, how can i set up a dollar account i have with BPI?

Romuel P Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
2 of 8

got my answer. please disregard

Kim Shiela L Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
3 of 8
Hello, what is the BRSTN code for bpi dollar account? I want to withdraw my balance on my dollar account.
Junar P Member Since: Aug 24, 2016
4 of 8

Kim the BRSTN is the same with peso account.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

Kim Shiela L wrote:
Hello, what is the BRSTN code for bpi dollar account? I want to withdraw my balance on my dollar account.

You can't use "local funds transfer" to a Dollar account, only to an account in local currency.

To withdraw to a Dollar account you have to use wire transfer, which costs $ 30 and is only worth it for withdrawals over $ 800+

Junar P Member Since: Aug 24, 2016
6 of 8

Petra as i understand kim can use local currency to transfer the funds from UW. Once arrive to her bank it will converted into dollar and it will appear in her account in dollar.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8

Junar P wrote:

Petra as i understand kim can use local currency to transfer the funds from UW. Once arrive to her bank it will converted into dollar and it will appear in her account in dollar.  

My US Dollar account refuses any currency other than US Dollars.
But even if hers did accept it, it would be crazy stupid to do so, and lose two sets of currency exchange charges (first the hit from the very poor rate offered by Upwork's intermediary bank, then ANOTHER to turn it back to Dollars on the receiving bank's side, plus any possible charges for accepting money in a currency other than the account currency) just to end up with an amount in the currency that was sent in the first place, just much, MUCH less of it. It's like throwing money right out of the window.

Who would do such a thing?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 8

Hi Kim,

If you would like to withdraw your funds in USD you will need to set up a Wire Transfer as a payment method. Setting up a Direct to Local bank method will withdraw the funds in your local currency. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS