🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » BUG - Preferred Qualification: Rising Talent ...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

BUG - Preferred Qualification: Rising Talent "not meet", despite 100% JSS

Jobs that ask for the Rising Talent Qualification are showing with a red !, saying "You do not meet this qualification".

When I asked about this before, the community as generous enough to tell me that this is a bug, as having a JSS above 90 counts for these matters.

I understand I can apply for these jobs anyway, but I'm afraid something may be wonky about my profile. Since nobody else seems to be having this problem!

I was able to find so far 3 Job postings with this very same bug. I'm attaching two screenshots showing how it appears to me.

Rising Talent 2.pngno Rising Talent.png

I will suppose linking to Jobs directly is against the forum rules? If not, I can share the links so other people could see what is showing up to them.

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hello Shiva,

The red mark is shown when you do not meet the client's preferred qualifications on that job post. I checked and I see that your Upwork profile does not have a Rising Talent Badge. This is the main reason why you will continue to see that red mark for jobs that require a Freelancer with Rising Talent badge. You can still apply to those jobs but it is up to the client to decide if they would still like to connect with you.

Since you already have a JSS on your profile you can work on getting a Top-rated Badge on your profile now. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Pradeep H wrote:

The red mark is shown when you do not meet the client's preferred qualifications on that job post. I checked and I see that your Upwork profile does not have a Rising Talent Badge. This is the main reason why you will continue to see that red mark for jobs that require a Freelancer with Rising Talent badge. Y

That is not how it is supposed to work. The preference is "JSS over 90%" with an option to "include Rising Talent" - so everyone with a JSS over 90 should be included. It is impossible to choose "Rising Talent" as a preference by itself. It can only be chosen as an optional extra when choosing the "JSS 90% & up" option. Shiva has a JSS in excess of 90% and therefore meets the criteria and should not get the red exclamation mark or the warning.

It is indeed a bug.

include RT.png

Aru B wrote:

It is not a bug, 

Yes, it is.

Aru B wrote:

Some clients may prefer to hire freelancers who are Rising Talent.

That is not a job-posting choice.They can only "include" them. It is not a standalone choice.

Aru B wrote:

Basically, it means those freelancers who are new and best

It doesn't mean that.

Related to this matter. I'm top-rated freelancer. I still see caution red dot for rising talent. It's weired. cause I think, I'm seeing this from the start of this month.

I think, cause client want to work with rising-talent, but if you are top-rated is it normal that I see the caution?

ceefaeca
Community Member

It is not a bug, but having 100% JSS doesn't mean you are Rising Talent. They are both different things. 

Some clients may prefer to hire freelancers who are Rising Talent. Basically, it means those freelancers who are new and best. Having 100% JSS may put you in a category of "best" but still you are not new here, of course. 

If I was at your place, I'd have applied for this job even if I don't match that requirement but have the skills they are asking. But it is just a personal preference. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members