cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bachelor of Computer Science not listed as possible education

emilioidk
Emilio Martin L Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
1 of 6

Hello! I am from Argentina and while my degree's name is in Spanish, in English one could say it is a Bachelor of Computer Science. I was surprised when I could not find this option available under the listed possibilities. Why is it so? It is a well known degree which is quite standarized in many countrys. Furthermore, Master of Computer Science is availabe.

Is there any way I can rectify this information in my profile?

Emilio.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Emilio Martin,

You can put Bachelor of Engineering as your degree and Computer Science as your Area of Study. Please, see the screenshot below:

Screenshot_4.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

emilioidk
Emilio Martin L Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
3 of 6

Thank you very much Valeria both for the precise and quick answer.

Emilio.

ajmas
Andre M Member Since: Aug 4, 2016
4 of 6

I am running into this issue too and 'Bachelor of Engineering' could cause issues. For example someone who has done a BSc can't consider themselves an engineer in Quebec. Would it be possible to put in a feature request for this?

For the moment I am using BASc, but I this is not ideal.

amielu
Amie H Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
5 of 6

I have a Bachelor of Applied Management majoring in Accounting.  This doesn't show on the list of accepted educations either.  Maybe at a stretch could put a Bachelor of Business, but I feel like putting anything but what my actual degree could be classed as a type of fraud.

My biggest issue is I can't create my profile withouth putting my education...

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Amie, 

If you can't find the option you need, select Other and name the degree in your description.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS