🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Bachelor of Computer Science not listed as po...
Page options
emilioidk

Bachelor of Computer Science not listed as possible education

Hello! I am from Argentina and while my degree's name is in Spanish, in English one could say it is a Bachelor of Computer Science. I was surprised when I could not find this option available under the listed possibilities. Why is it so? It is a well known degree which is quite standarized in many countrys. Furthermore, Master of Computer Science is availabe.

Is there any way I can rectify this information in my profile?

Emilio.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emilio Martin,

You can put Bachelor of Engineering as your degree and Computer Science as your Area of Study. Please, see the screenshot below:

Screenshot_4.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emilio Martin,

You can put Bachelor of Engineering as your degree and Computer Science as your Area of Study. Please, see the screenshot below:

Screenshot_4.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you very much Valeria both for the precise and quick answer.

Emilio.

I am running into this issue too and 'Bachelor of Engineering' could cause issues. For example someone who has done a BSc can't consider themselves an engineer in Quebec. Would it be possible to put in a feature request for this?

For the moment I am using BASc, but I this is not ideal.

I have a Bachelor of Applied Management majoring in Accounting.  This doesn't show on the list of accepted educations either.  Maybe at a stretch could put a Bachelor of Business, but I feel like putting anything but what my actual degree could be classed as a type of fraud.

My biggest issue is I can't create my profile withouth putting my education...

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amie, 

If you can't find the option you need, select Other and name the degree in your description.

~ Avery
Upwork