itslatin

Back to mysterious JSS again

Hi everyone,

I know everytone here is probably sick of explaining this "simple" algorithm over and over again. But my logic just can't cope further on its own.

So, I had a steady 98-96% for a few months. I went on holiday, set myself unavailable, returned back in 2 weeks and on Sunday went borderline 92%, which later that same day appeared as 91%. Nothing happened in that period, no closed or opened contracts, no work at all.

So, question #1 - does being idle here for a week or two somehow affects it?? 

Question #2 - I know about this 6-12-24 rolling window, but can somebody explain me this simple thing: If I am on this platform for less than 24 months, wouldnt the 98% I achieved once be the highest of all and thus override anything below that timeframe, such as 6-12months?

Besides that, in the stats window the percentage of clients who'd reccomend me and of long terms ones has risen in comparison to the 96-98% i had, so where's the logic in this drop here?

Thank you,

Seva

1 REPLY 1
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seva,

Being inactive for a week or two wouldn't affect your JSS. 

@Seva L wrote:

If I am on this platform for less than 24 months, wouldnt the 98% I achieved once be the highest of all and thus override anything below that timeframe, such as 6-12months?

Yes, the score that shows on your profile is the best of the three timeframes. However, sometimes score changes because good feedback falls of the calculation that's the highest of the three. Also, it looks like you have been working on Upwork for more than 2 years already.

~ Valeria
Upwork