Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bad Client history

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 15

Will L wrote:

"We exclude (from a freelancer's JSS calculation) clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.”

So, if freelancers don't complain about a particular client's feedback (s)he's home free with continued "egregious" feedback for their future freelancers.

I'm not sure how freelancers can make such complaints. D

It may help to use the official version which doesn't include anything to do with "reporting" or "making complaints". The process is automated.

The official version is: 

• We understand that some projects have bad outcomes because the client is difficult to work with. So we track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your score.

(source)

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 15

This is kinda like in Florida where there are signs "Don't feed the alligators" and people feed the alligators and then they get bit by an alligator and then they are all "wow omg why are people allowed to feed the alligators" and you're like "you're feeding an *alligator*. But in your case the alligator gave you bad feedback and you gave the alligator who just bit you good feedback and everyone in the room just wonders if they lost brain cells listening to your story.

roberty1y
Community Leader
Robert Y Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
13 of 15

Client with 3.5/5 average rating.

Saltwater crocodile with mouth open

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 15

Adil K wrote:

When I I saw client rating his rating is 3.5/5. He has poor rating. , He has bad history. 

The client's history is clearly displayed to freelancers so they can look at it and make an informed decision whether to accept a contract or not. The obvious decision is not to accept the contract from such a client, in much the way as it is the right decision not to jump into the jaws of the crocodile.

designarklab
Adil K Member Since: Jun 27, 2021
15 of 15
I understand that. Now I look everytime client history and past feedbacks with other freelancers. On basis of that I apply proposals and accept offers.

But that time i was pretty new and rising talent. Well I learnt from this mistake

Thanks everyone for good information and advices
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS