🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad Experience
Page options
d6160c65
Community Member

Bad Experience

This was my first job on Upwork as a voice talent/narrator. The client of **Edited for Community Guidelines**was about as unprofessional as it gets. Myself and other freelancers in the group can all say we've had a bad experience working with him. Late pay, and inconsistent impolite communication. For some, they hadn't been paid AT ALL after weeks of employment, and some didn't even receive contracts.  Avoid this voiceover client at all cost as his review score is low for a good reason.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

Learning how the platform works is a good start to have better experiences. Being paid late, not being paid at all or working without a contract are all common mistakes new freelancers make when they apply to jobs with little or no knowledge of how things work. As new business owners, freelancers should invest in their knowledge and not rely on what clients say.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sofia2008
Community Member

Learning how the platform works is a good start to have better experiences. Being paid late, not being paid at all or working without a contract are all common mistakes new freelancers make when they apply to jobs with little or no knowledge of how things work. As new business owners, freelancers should invest in their knowledge and not rely on what clients say.

spectralua
Community Member

Leave true feedback and forgot it. Don't worry about each scammer,

what da man I was sent this morning with no response 😕 so much so much that it**Edited for community guidelines**

A good idea for you will want you tried and I have a few more things to ask for the first rest or 

I think that the best for you would probably be to get some more work on your help with the other one and I have ever been trying for you tried it and thanks again to me to remember? 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Jaelon,

Once the Contract is closed, that is where you will want to leave your feedback. Nobody can do anything about it here. Have a great day!

quora Quentin is the most popular online dating website in getting you in the best interests at the fullest ever is the way only ❤ 💙 ♥ your own help in this process 

the-right-writer
Community Member

"This was my first job on Upwork as a voice talent/narrator. The client of **Edited for Community Guidelines**was about as unprofessional as it gets. Myself and other freelancers in the group can all say we've had a bad experience working with him. Late pay," 

Being paid should be handled by you. If you set up the contract correctly, either for fixed or hourly, you should have been paid unless the client is disputing the work.

"and inconsistent impolite communication. For some, they hadn't been paid AT ALL"

Again, being paid should be an automatic process. Did the client file disputes on the milestones or tracker?

"after weeks of employment, and some didn't even receive contracts."

Is this a work group, or were you in contact somehow with other freelancers on the project? If this was through Upwork, they had contracts. If it was not, they have no recourse because of Terms violations. Not only will no contract get you scammed, it can also cause you to permanently lose your Upwork account.

"Avoid this voiceover client at all cost as his review score is low for a good reason."

This was a giant red flag. No matter how desperate you feel, never take a job with multiple bad reviews or expect the same.

You need to start at the beginning with the Terms and read this post from Wes.

Read everything in the Academy and learn how to use the platform.

I'm not sure what the situation was with those who received really late payments or no contracts. his low score wasn't there until after this ordeal. Yes it was a group we were able to communicate with each other. Thank you for the feedback 

tlsanders
Community Member

You should suggest that those who were working without contracts or never got paid read up on how Upwork works before taking on any more gigs. It's very common for freelancers who don't understand the built-in protections to get scammed.

Thank you for the feedback 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths