🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad JSS with all 5star reviews
Page options
diyconnect
Community Member

Bad JSS with all 5star reviews

I've read all FAQ and website available data but I'm still confused.
Until today (or maybe 2-3 days before as I haven't checked) I've had flawless 5star score and 100% job success.
Now I've looked on the profile and see 89%.
All of my contracts have 5star feedback and with some clients I wok on new projects.
Long open project is from 27.6.2019 where I've made inital work and now am waiting for client to source parts so we can continue modeling. 

Only one other is a week older, but it had payment 6days ago.
In start I've closed some projects as I though I need to, but they normally received 5star feedback from clients.

What could be wong?

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Sasa S wrote:

Until today (or maybe 2-3 days before as I haven't checked) I've had flawless 5star score and 100% job success.

What could be wong?

Poor private feedback on a contract that ended between the 7th and 21st of July. My guess is that it was that $ 15 one.

Public star-average feedback is only one small component of JSS.

There are many other factors.

versailles
Community Member

Sasa S wrote:

IWhat could be wong?

https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/ : Clients who would recommend you

It's the private feedback. It has way more weight for your JSS than the public 5-star feedback.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hmm.. I see it now.
Is there any way for me to know who gave low review? 
Can it be that the client just "forgot" to click it as I  fail to understand why would someone click "wouldn't recomend"  and then come back for more 🙂

Sasa S wrote:

Hmm.. I see it now.
Can it be that the client just "forgot" to click it as I  fail to understand why would someone click "wouldn't recomend"  and then come back for more 🙂

They can't forget, it's mandatory. And you can't tell who said what, that's the point of private feedback, they don't want clients being harassed by freelancers.

The subject has been discussed at lengths, it's all about human psychology, but it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, a certain % of your clients confessed to Upwork that they wouldn't recommend you. Sometimes you may get a clue from the communication with clients. Sometimes you may pinpoint where you could improve by trying to be critical of your own work. I don't know, it all depends on you and on how your contracts went.

Your JSS is still okay, if you can find out what it is that you can do better, you may adjust your approach. Also you're still new so your JSS wobbles a lot. It'll get more stable as you land more jobs and make more clients happy.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Sasa S wrote:

Nope. Well, you can guess. It must have been ended between the 7th and 21st of July. How many of those are there? It was one of them.

Sasa S wrote:

Can it be that the client just "forgot" to click it

No. Not possible, and it is not just one thing to click.

Well, yes. that's what I ofund out with all info on the site.
What makes it more funny is that I have 4 contracts in this period 🙂
3 of them with persons that I have currently other contrats opened, and one customer wich reached out for me. There was one job where he hired someone else and told me he will get back to me which he did and was very happy with given result.We agreed on me making future models for him but have closed this contract.
I completly understand that one job can make a mess when you are starting and thus I struggle very much to get everything perfect.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sasa S wrote:

All of my contracts have 5star feedback and with some clients I wok on new projects.
Long open project is from 27.6.2019 where I've made inital work and now am waiting for client to source parts so we can continue modeling. 

Only one other is a week older, but it had payment 6days ago.
In start I've closed some projects as I though I need to, but they normally received 5star feedback from clients.

What could be wong?

The "recommend" number is not a yes or no, it has a range of 1 to 10, so the client might just not have been perfectly happy and gave you, e.g. 7. If a number of clients do that, your rating will drop. What is your "clients that would recommend you" number?

88%

Sasa S wrote:

88%

That makes sense, you should expect your JSS to be somewhat close to that number, until you have a longer upwork history and calculation windows and will get the best of several numbers. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members