🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad Review
Page options
raotalha007
Community Member

Bad Review

Hi Upwork Community,

I recently completed a task for a client. The task was to amend a document and make it look like a professional game design document for a small game. Client approached me and asked my favor to get the job done in a less budget as was proposed earlier in her offer in job section. It was my first job so as a gesture of good will I agreed to that and done the work for a little price. After the work was completed I almost revised the work 3,4 times upon client request. All this effort just to get a good remark from her after job completion. When I completed the job and client gave a green signal to me I received my payment which was good but which wasn't great was a bad review which affected my Upwork profile a lot as due to that bad review I am not able to get clients whenever I submit a proposal to any job offer. My all connects are wasted just because of that one review. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I also gave my client a great review as I really enjoyed the work and wanted to keep work ethics on high grounds. But client wasn't fair enough. She didn't mention the spell check issue even after so many revisions. If she had mentioned it earlier I would have solved it in a single revision. After giving me a bad review when I asked her about a good review she even blocked me. I wasn't expecting this unfairness from my client as I worked really hard for that task. All I wanted was an honest and a good review to keep me going but that was very unfair from my client. Now I humbly request the Upwork team or anyone from this community who can help me deal with this issue because I don't want this bad review to impact my work ethics and moral grounds. I hope that I will get justice. 

Please help me in this regard

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Noone can help you with. Accept it as is and move forward. Keep working hard then you will receive many good feedbacks.

sullivanliz
Community Member

That's how it is with reviews. You have to make sure you do a great job or risk getting a less-than-stellar score. 3.8 isn't too bad, but the private feedback might be worse. 

The client has a very fair point here - spellchecking is a standard thing to do when working with documents. It's not really down to the client to tell you that. They didn't do anything 'unfair'.

Also, asking the client for a good review is completely unprofessional and I advise you don't do that in future. Just make sure you do a proper job and your reviews will reflect that.

bobafett999
Community Member

The feedback left is quite valid.  Learn from it and move on.  It would be little difficult though.

c94aa58d
Community Member

I don't know about it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths