cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Trend ...

kalaani
Community Leader

For the the last few weeks ( may be, i noticed it recently ) i saw bad trend of clients  . 

They place 1000$  or high budget in proposals , but when we go through there histories, can't see any paid job above 100$ . 

Sadly in most cases they are regular clients . 

I think there should be limiting factor to reduce the gap . It can easily set from freelancer side .  Methord elance used will work in here too .

5 REPLIES 5
juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru

I do not think that the place holder is relevant.  What is important I think is how I, as a freelancer, can motivate my clients to drop their dollars.  Most of the times, they do just that when I least expect it.  The place holder afterall does not have sufficient grounds when a fixed-price contract is converted into an hourly contract.  

I am grateful I have clients who trust me with the time tracker and who continue to invest in me as their freelancer.

wtrabex
Ace Contributor

I'm actually working with a client that places zero dollars in holding but always pays me when the job is complete. He's a nice guy.

Winter, if you mean the client doesn't put any money in escrow, you were lucky to get paid but don't assume every client will do the same.

@John K wrote:

Winter, if you mean the client doesn't put any money in escrow, you were lucky to get paid but don't assume every client will do the same.

I can generally tell the scammers from the serious people. The scammers don't give straight answers, don't seem interested in what I have to offer. They like to delay or redirect. They're not always straightforward. How someone acts tells me whether they are trustworthy or not.

Even when clients take their time to clear payment, they usually do it in the end anyway. I've never had anybody actually withholding payment.

cupidmedia
Community Guru

Stopping clients from posting jobs with larger budgets than they've previously posted is, frankly, ridiculous. If you personally think this is an indication the client isn't serious then you don't need to apply to those jobs. But why restrict a client who may have previously been testing out the system and is now ready to start their big project?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS