🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad client
Page options
aishasulaiman000
Community Member

Bad client

Hello,

I am working with a client who had a very bad history with other freelancers. The reason why I started working with him is because I wasn't able to get any job on Upwork recently as the competition is really high. And some of the freelancer like me are all dependent on Upwork that's my main source of income. I always deliver the best to the clients and this time I was 100% sure that he's gonna love my work. 

But he just messaged me that the work I deliver is copypasted which is not true. I can see on his profile that other freelancers are complaining about the same issue with the client. First, he hire you and act nice. Then he becomes arrogant and asks you to finish the job at any cost. I have attached one of the screenshot of his reply. He doesn't even wanna discuss. All he wants me to do is either cancel the order or rewrite everything. 

If I cancel the order, would he be able to leave a negative feedback on my profile? He has done this to most of the freelancer. What if I just end the contract? I don't want him to ruin my profile because I haven't done anything wrong. Please help 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Yes, he can leave negative feedback.

I am sorry this happened to you, but it is a lesson learned. Even in times of desperation, clients like this should be avoided. His ratings are terrible and other freelancers have confirmed his inability to work collaboratively. The client appears to purposefully target content writers in an effort to create disputes or he lacks communication skills, or both.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

Why do you need a plagiarism tool? Wouldn't you know if you plagiarized? Why would anyone need something to tell them if they plagiarized? eh? 

Well, whatever. The answer is yes they can rate you. Once you click accept, they can rate you.

celgins
Community Member

Yes, he can leave negative feedback.

I am sorry this happened to you, but it is a lesson learned. Even in times of desperation, clients like this should be avoided. His ratings are terrible and other freelancers have confirmed his inability to work collaboratively. The client appears to purposefully target content writers in an effort to create disputes or he lacks communication skills, or both.

Or he enjoys being cruel.

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Why is a client with such history still mistreating people on this platform? How many people is he/she entitled to abuse before being kicked out?

a485ff2e
Community Member

The client has the audacity to offer just $5 for 1000 words and rate one star to every freelancer saying AI content. Such clients should be avoided at any cost. Just see it as a learning experience and move on.

Thank you 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members