🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bad client
Page options
karinskold
Community Member

Bad client

Hi,

I would like to hear other freelancers experience about bad clients.

I was working with a project. And I think I did well. (for that small pay..) But the client had in system to complain about evrrything..every step..Even where I placed the completed work.

I asked to end contract after finish the milestone. Then they gave me a lower feedback. I am sure becasue they were annoyed. 

I am sometimes so disappointed on here how one singel client can mess up your score, feedback etc. And when its unfair and guess done for other reason than that my work was bad.

Would like to hear other freelancers experience. And what to do..Its both annoying and bad.

Karin

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Karin S wrote:

I was working with a project. And I think I did well. (for that small pay..) But the client had in system to complain about evrrything..every step..Even where I placed the completed work.

I asked to end contract after finish the milestone. Then they gave me a lower feedback. I am sure becasue they were annoyed. 

What I do is look out for warning signs before I accept a contract. Any warning signs and I walk away.

I'd never have accepted that contract after seeing the ridiculous budget and them saying "We will pay $5/image, unlimited revisions."

That was going to end in tears anyway.

Karin S wrote:

I am sometimes so disappointed on here how one singel client can mess up your score, feedback etc.

Your rating isn't "messed up" by a single client.

You are right. But sometimes you cant see the signs..Or they are well hidden..:)

It sounded soo good. But each time is a lesson learned.

It just give bad taste ..

jr-translation
Community Member

Karin S wrote:

Hi,

I am sometimes so disappointed on here how one singel client can mess up your score, feedback etc. And when its unfair and guess done for other reason than that my work was bad.

Would like to hear other freelancers experience. And what to do..Its both annoying and bad.

Karin

Consider it a paid lesson. Just keep in mind one thing, the feedback is subjective and expectations differ. You might consider it unfair if you agreed on a deadline and you only get 3* even though you delivered after 2h. There isn't much you can do and any feedback with a 4+ is still good.
And I think I did well. (for that small pay..)  indicates that you did not give 100%. The amount paid is irrelevant. If you agree to the rate, you have to deliver no matter if you are paid $5 or $50.

ennifer, I gave 120 % of this job !

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members