🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bad client
Page options
casperhornstrup
Community Member

Bad client

I have a very bad experience with my first client.

Its a 2.200 dollar project, and been going on for a week.

I've worked tons of hours to create about 15 pages, I've done a ton of revisions / changes, because the client keeps changing his mind. Overall the client have been unclear and very bad at communicating. Now he dont like the homepage, but he cant point out what he'd  like changed. So instead he deleted all the milestones and offered to pay me 1/11 of the payment (200 dollar)

Any admin here? This is insane.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Casper H wrote:

So instead he deleted all the milestones and offered to pay me 1/11 of the payment (200 dollar)

How much is actually in Escrow (FUNDED) - You should only have completed the work that corresponded to the active and funded current milestone because that is all you can possibly argue over if things go wrong. The "agreed amount" is irrelevant. All that matters is what is funded.

Only 200, because client have been rejecting the work.

Casper H wrote:

Only 200, because client have been rejecting the work.

Then take the $200 and learn from it. That's all you can get.

The budget does not count.

Funded escrow counts.

Accept $200 and be done with it.

Next time, if $200 is what is funded, don't spend one second doing any work that isn't part of that $200.

If you don't want to waste time and work for free, then specify in the task agreement that there are no revisions for that task. Or use an hourly contract.

In my fixed-price work, I don't offer revisions. The task is done when I say it is done.

re: "Overall the client have been unclear and very bad at communicating."

That means: "hourly contract"

In my world, there is no such thing as a fixed-price contract with unclear requirements. And there is no such thing as a fixed-price contract which requires communication. I only accept fixed-price contracts that have a complete task description and input files and can be completed and submitted with zero additional communication.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Casper,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your client.
I would like to clarify that clients do not have the option to fund more than one milestone at a time. I checked your contract and I can confirm that your first milestone is active and you have submitted your work on the official milestone.

After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article.
I would also like to clarify that our fixed price protection does not cover promised funds or unfunded milestones. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths