🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad client
Page options
chillynguyen
Community Member

Bad client

Hi,

I worked with this client once, on our first project. Back then, since he doesn't know how long the video will be, I said that we could set a milestone for 2-minute video, and then add another once the clip is done. It turns out more than 3 minutes.

After receiving my video, he said that my work is not good enough for 250$ per minute, so he only paid 500$ for more than 3 minutes and refuse to pay the rest ~300 dollars. It's my fault though that I trusted him and didn't set the full amount milestone before working. After arguing, I decided to move on. The story of the first project ends here.

After a few months, he came back and said that he agreed with my price, and insisted I work with him again. I agreed.

I sent him some full scenes that have the characters. He feedbacked on some other details.

I made the whole video and sent him. He refused to pay and said that the characters are not ok and claimed that I hired another artist to work on it, so that it doesn't look like the characters in our first video!

I don't know what to do, but I think that maybe my style has changed a bit since last month, so I took the puppets from our last video to edit on them and sent him the new characters.

Again, he claimed that "Hello, the characters are still not ok. I will send feedback". 4 days later, he said that the characters still don't have the same style as our last video.

What should I do now?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Nhu Nhu,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your client. You can discuss with your client how you can complete the said project, or if the client decides to complete this in a different way, then you may request a partial payment instead of the whole amount. It's best to politely discuss this matter with your client to avoid further misunderstanding. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for your respond.

Actually I request a partial payment, and he said that even for free, this couldn't be used, so he won't pay a penny. So, I accepted editting and this happen:

"I don't know what to do, but I think that maybe my style has changed a bit since last month, so I took the puppets from our last video to edit on them and sent him the new characters.

Again, he claimed that "Hello, the characters are still not ok. I will send feedback". 4 days later, he said that the characters still don't have the same style as our last video."

I really don't know what to do now, because since I took the character bases directly from our last video, there's no other way I could do to make it looks more "the same style".

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members