🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bad client
Page options
2a72b7e1
Community Member

Bad client

Good morning, just wanted to prevent you about a client I recently worked with. It was about translation job. Once I delivered the translated file they said that they will play me immediately. Then, they told me that I have to pay 100$ fees before getting my payment and the lower amount if I cannot pay the 100$ was 50$. Until now I'm not paid as I refused to send them money. It was my first contract on upwork. Just wanted to prevent you to never work with **Edited for Community Guidelines** and **Edited for Community Guidelines**. 

These are swindlers. Pay attention to their announcement. 

4 REPLIES 4
celgins
Community Member

Yes, this was a scam, but you also violated Upwork's Terms of Service. Your profile does not show a job in progress, which means the client never hired you for the job and you should not have sent them the translated file.

I understand you are new to Upwork, but you need to click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork marketplace and how it works, things will be much clearer and you can avoid these types of problems.

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

And this is why you should learn how to freelance before joining a freelancing platform.

prestonhunter
Community Member

You titled the thread you created "bad client."

But this wasn't a bad client.

This wasn't a client at all.

This was a scammer.

PradeepH

Hi Rakotovao,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your experience. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members