Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience purchasing a Plus plan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
11 of 22

@Tiffany S wrote:

Hugh, can you be more specific about what you're seeing on "multiple jobs" that indicates you must have a Plus Plan to bid? I've never seen that, and Valeria seems to be saying no such distinction exists.

It doesn't exist. I have applied to a couple posts today and I think what is is referring to is at the bottom by where the bid ranges would be (if you had the plan) it gives you the option to upgrade. But it does not whatsoever require you to to apply. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
12 of 22

There is no confusion. You get an additional 10 connects per month / billing cycle which = 70, because all freelancers receive 60 free.

The image clearly shows 60 per month vs 70 per month (not 60 + 70 = 130)

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
13 of 22

Again, it's saying 70 here https://support.odesk.com/entries/61069914

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 22

They need to change this:

Plus includes 70, as well as the additional benefits below.

To

Plus includes 10

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
15 of 22

Sorry...you posted as I was posting. Yes they do need to change it.

Yes but he upgraded his account. All upgraded accounts and those who already have a plus account get 70 connects A MONTH. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 22
I don't see a problem with the wording. It is in a logical form.

Basic includes 60... Plus includes 70. Both plans are exclusive of each other so it would never be +70. They would have written Plus includes and additional 70.

To write Plus includes 10, implies that you only get 10. When the plan gives 70 (60+10).
Nevertheless, Edward has a different problem.
Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 22

When the plan gives 70 (60+10).

60 connects has nothing to do with the plus plan, the 60 is from the free plan. The plus plan gives 10 connects. It’s obvious that adding it to the 60 free connects it will add up to 70. They should focus on providing info on what the plus plan really offers.

I bet one of the reasons for the wrong wording is to make it more appealing – marketing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 22

@Natasha R wrote:

When the plan gives 70 (60+10).

60 connects has nothing to do with the plus plan, the 60 is from the free plan. The plus plan gives 10 connects. It’s obvious that adding it to the 60 free connects it will add up to 70. They should focus on providing info on what the plus plan really offers.

I bet one of the reasons for the wrong wording is to make it more appealing – marketing.

I agree with this  " wording is to make it more appealing – marketing."

But not with this "I bet one of the reasons for the wrong wording"

60 connects has something to do with the plus plan because that is the basic plan which is a default plan - you have to be on a plan. The plus plan is just an upgrade of the basic, so it has everything to do with it.

Highlighted
Karan S Member Since: May 11, 2015
19 of 22

Hello friends

Now Odesk update in upwork but i face too many problem in new updation in site.in past job application renew after 12 hours (if i withdraw my application) but now my application is reactivate after 1 month. if i fill my job application, i can't apply more jobs. this option is againest contactor. paid plan is also same like free plan.

**edited for Community Guidelines** upwork should think about this.i hope upwork will think about this.i hope all contractor with me in this case.

Regards

Karan Soni

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
20 of 22

Final answer from support:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Here's the link to the new Upwork policy: How does updated billing work?

It is best to upgrade to Plus just before the 1st day of your next billing cycle for your Basic plan, otherwise you may end up with a month having a small number of Connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS