Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience purchasing a Plus plan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 22

Hi Edward and all,

I would like to clarify that the Paid membership provides 10 additional connects which means the freelancer will receive 60+10=70 connects for the full billing cycle along with the benefits. At upgrade the freelancer receives a prorated number of Connects. Proration is based on how many days into your Basic plan's billing cycle you were at upgrade. Basically we add on the difference in connects between a Basic and Plus plan.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
edg40
Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
22 of 22

Valeria: Why did you feel a "clarification" was needed? Especially since your "clarification" is similar to the link I posted for the official policy except that your "clarification" is not quite correct. The Plus plan Connect allotment is 70 per month. The Basic plan allotment is 60. There is no such thing as a plan with 60 + 10. One plan has 60. The other has 70. See Freelancer Membership Plans: Basic & Plus.

Perhaps you are confused about the initial month when one first upgrades to the Plus plan. In that special one-time case, Connects are prorated based on the place in the billing cycle and then the plan allotment difference is added. That may be where your thought that 60 + 10 is a valid thing came from.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS